Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a after market JVC DVD Head Unit and the one thing I couldn't work out was the Backup Camera's wiring so I fitted an after market camera and it works well. I butchered the factory camera's housing so I could fit the new camera and it doesn't look bad but I would like to get the Factory Camera up and running as I think it looks better, today I bought another Factory Backup Camera on E-Bay.
If someone could help me out with the wiring colours from the factory Camera and what they are used for, looking at the old camera wiring harness it has 6 wires out and I take it the Red is for power from your Reverse Lights, the Black would be for your Ground , the Yellow and the White wires would be for Video signal, Blue for the Trigger Wire on the back of the DVD Head Unit but there is two more wires I can't work out what they are used for, a Grey and an Orange wire. There is a total of 7 wires but on the other end of this harness only 6 wires go into a plug that connects to your cars wiring loom.
001.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
IMG_20161011_111357379.jpg

This is the wiring diagram for a 15 koup. I'm not sure if this will help but I have access to this type of stuff since I work for kia. if you need anything as far as diagrams please describe in detail and ill do my best to get you the correct info

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CrazyFritter;This is the wiring diagram for a 15 koup. I'm not sure if this will help but I have access to this type of stuff since I work for kia. if you need anything as far as diagrams please describe in detail and ill do my best to get you the correct info [/QUOTE said:
Thanks for your help I have the factory backup camera up and running and the picture is even better on my bigger screen. I wonder if you can help me with the factory antenna, with the factory head unit I got a pretty reception on FM and AM but since connecting up this JVC Head Unit both FM and AM reception is much weaker. My AM is mostly a lot of static and I can't even listen to it, FM isn't bad but as soon as I go out of the city area say around 15 Miles the reception gets very weak and drops in and out all the time.
I have tried different Antennas and have had mixed results most are better on AM but far weaker on FM. I was wondering does the factory antenna when hooked up to the factory head unit have some sort of signal amplification or boost. The other line of thought maybe all these newer Head Unit Tuners are not very strong as older models like I had around 10 years ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have finally worked out that my Kia Koup does have an antenna booster, I connected the Aux Power wire (12V) from the JVC Headunit to a wire located on the wiring harness "A" pin No 18 and wham-o the signal on AM was so so much stronger no more crackling and hiss and I guess FM will be better too. I will check the FM signal strength out next time I go out of town for a drive but at present it all looks promising 2014 Forte EX Stereo Wiring Harness Diagrams - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan / Koup / Forte5 Forums

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thanks for all the help rpps.

This will come in handy on the day I decide to replace my factory unit!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes thank you (rpps). I will be doing my Pioneer HU soon.
Thx Again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts