Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I highly recommend, if you are not already, join the Forte Facebook groups. Information is much more relevant there than in this forum now. This allows you to stay more up to date with new parts, reviews, and member rides.

Next Gen Forte Club
2nd gen Forte Tuner Society

These are the best Forte groups on Facebook...

Thanks, Forte Admins

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is the forum being shutdown?
No, but information here is out of date compared to Facebook groups. For every post here there's about 50 a day in FB groups.

The forum will not be shutdown since some do not have fb, as well as some info here is still referenced in some cases.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can the FB groups be read/viewed without an FB account?
I do not believe so since you need to be added to the groups. They are private unless you are a member. If you create a FB page just to be added that's fine. I will add a space for those who do this since admins can see when the FB page was made. Just let them know you are coming from the forum to be added and not denied access.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What do you mean? Like the forum platform?

They changed the operating format of how everything is presented and the options available, a small number of members left some like the change but most just accepted their was nothing they could do, so they worked with the new system.

This link is the announcement and comments by members, both good & bad.
https://www.ssforums.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.192534/

This forum is for the Chevy SS 14~17 4 door sedan built in Aust with factory LS3 & A/M trans.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I honestly think this Forum is dead. Facebook is a way easier platform for the car community

·
Registered
80 Posts
For a car sold in kia numbers I would expect much more, since the koup ended production things here have gone quiet, I still like to visit but I’m disappointed that most threads are about performance mods and not about the enjoyment of ownership.
I also notice on SS is they have lots of off topic threads to talk about, something I don’t see here very often.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For a car sold in kia numbers I would expect much more, since the koup ended production things here have gone quiet, I still like to visit but I’m disappointed that most threads are about performance mods and not about the enjoyment of ownership.
I also notice on SS is they have lots of off topic threads to talk about, something I don’t see here very often.
Things have gone quiet here because Facebook groups are much more simple.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I honestly think this Forum is dead. Facebook is a way easier platform for the car community

That's a truth I came to grips with a while ago. The only reasons I'm still here are for the familiarity/nostalgia I have with car forums and my own personal aversion to Facebook. More specifically, I deleted my Facebook account years ago because my mother in law is on there.

There are some good old threads but rarely much new content here. It's a shame but whatever.

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's a truth I came to grips with a while ago. The only reasons I'm still here are for the familiarity/nostalgia I have with car forums and my own personal aversion to Facebook. More specifically, I deleted my Facebook account years ago because my mother in law is on there.

There are some good old threads but rarely much new content here. It's a shame but whatever.
I do not do "Facebook".

·
Registered
402 Posts
I will be doing my best to update here as new things get posted to facebook groups etc that I see
Very "nice" of you. Thank you. I just bought an intake and hot pipe setup from 6TH Element Engineering when they had there "sale" last month.
Will post when I install.
Thanks Again

Reactions: Forte5

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Very "nice" of you. Thank you. I just bought an intake and hot pipe setup from 6TH Element Engineering when they had there "sale" last month.
Will post when I install.
Thanks Again
I will do my best. I will screen shot or copy the info here. Sometimes I don’t see it all since I’m not constantly on FB anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
I will do my best. I will screen shot or copy the info here. Sometimes I don’t see it all since I’m not constantly on FB anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I recently signed up for facebook pretty much just to have access to the groups everyone says are so much better. And.... Facebook still sucks. Definitely not "simpler" or easier to find, well, anything. I spent a good amount of time searching through those groups for stuff that I was told had been well discussed on Facebook and really found nothing useful. I guess I'm just missing it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
IMO, facebook can never take the place of a organized forum like this. Thanks for keeping this forum going and updated.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts