Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to replace my '16 F5 SX speakers and need to know if the speaker mounting depths are different? I know that it takes 6.75" but in all the configuration tools don't have the mounting depths for hatchbacks, well, don't have hatchbacks at all only sedans listed. Edit: Looks like sedan is different starting in '16 too, I'm hoping THOSE mounting depths on Crutchfield will work for the F5 HB... Also now realizing I was mixing up mounting HEIGHT vs. depth.. ugh.. I'll just go by Crutchfield to see what fits for '16 sedan as the pics show very similar interior doors...

·
Registered
514 Posts
i don't have numerical info, but if you ever have trouble with the depth, getting a spacer can help if the clearance is close or hitting. usually high powered SQ speakers will have bigger magnets which in turn adds to depth.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't have numerical info, but if you ever have trouble with the depth, getting a spacer can help if the clearance is close or hitting. usually high powered SQ speakers will have bigger magnets which in turn adds to depth.
Ya, I'm going off what fits the 2016 sedan since the doors looks so close on my F5.. Now I'm wondering if I should get the Metra 82-7302 brackets as Crutchfield includes them while elsewhere it shows that model brackets is for up to 2013 Hyundai/Kia...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.