Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I'm currently in a rental Forte LX sedan, and after having it for 2 days, I'll full admit I'm "salty" with regards to just how decked out it is vs. my SX.

Of course the 2.0 doesn't come close to the 1.6T, but the interior is damn near the same! The LX I'm in has heated seats, same radio, alloy wheels, overhead console, Bluetooth, fog lights etc.

I know Kia offers a ton of features in their base model compared to other manufacturers, but I feel that my SX lacks that luxury feel.

I paid the price for the SX and other than the performance difference, I don't feel its all that different than the LX Lol.

Of course I might feel different if you could get the SX fully loaded (tech & luxury package) with a stick here in Canada, but you can't.

TL;DR I'm upset an LX looks identical to my SX ;)

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I think you would feel different if you had the loaded F5. Mine I got fully loaded and love all the added features. The LX loaded is mainly a different motor wheels, suspension I think

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think so too.

The thing I don't like the most is the small 4 inch touchscreen... Like what the hell gimme the full 7" like you can get with the autos.

No one wants a 4-inch backup camera... Actually my father laughed at that... The one in his RAM is like a full HD backup camera and the screen I think is 8-9 inches.

Once my car is at least a year old I'll upgrade the HU to a nice touchscreen loaded to the teeth.

OH and starting the think feels so much nicer! Literally 1 crank and the engine fires. Mine is always 2-3 cranks.

Its -24 here today (or was this morning) and the thing started like a champ. Mine wouldn't start THAT nice.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The battery they give with our cars is pathetic. Mine will start pretty quick after I have my charger on it but if not it does take a sec longer but not to worried. A bigger battery would be a perfect upgrade for us.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Shoulda got the sx luxury! Love mine, auto for bs driving and paddles when you wanna have fun!

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
580 Posts
LX sedan 2.0 ?!?!?
Here in the states the LX is a 1.8
The ex a 2.0
Head to head a stock ex is pretty dam fast . Not torque like as the SX is but it can hold its own . I blew away a few SX 2.4 1st gens with mine . The gearing is different so the power is there . Now the 1.8 is sluggish but you do have the chance to get a ready made turbo kit for it :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yes you're correct it has the 1.8, my mistake.

A bigger battery and upgraded grounds will do wonders I'm sure.

And for a small car like ours, I much prefer a 6 speed ;)

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Oh yes you're correct it has the 1.8, my mistake.

A bigger battery and upgraded grounds will do wonders I'm sure.

And for a small car like ours, I much prefer a 6 speed ;)
Got to remember for some weird reason us A/T guys are faster stock for stock and even slightly modded lol!

·
Registered
580 Posts
In drag racing auto is king . So glad these transmissions came out . Stick shift is still the best for track though . Makes you wish you had two of these cars lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to remember for some weird reason us A/T guys are faster stock for stock and even slightly modded lol!
True, I don't hate on automatics - I used to own one. I don't refer to automatics as slush boxes anymore, but I still find them boring, unless I'm in heavy traffic, then they are a blessing :)

I just find a 6sp much more fun and engaging for a car like ours. No plans to drag or track mine, just a few tasteful mods.

Still salty about the LX tho, should be getting my RAV4 back today and I can't wait.

They gave the car with Bridgestone Ecopias with 5/32nds (I checked) and the passenger tire was at 17 psi... We just got 30 cm of snow last week. Can't wait to get out of this deathtrap lol

·
Registered
580 Posts
I hear ya . Just got the sportage back from the body shop last night . Was worried I wouldn't get it back before the storm hits :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
For 2016, the Forte5 LX has a 2.0, just like the EX. I was surprised with the equipment the LX comes with. If only it came with a manual......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts