Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on the forum and I'm the owner of a kia forte 5 sx 2018 and I would like to change my exhaust to get a better sound something not too loud more like an audi rs3 but I dont know what I should do.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The 2.5L inline 5 rs3? That will be tough. 5 cylinders have a very distinctive sound. I agree, they said great but it'll be tough to do. Especially since it also have 50% more displacement than us...
Also, IMO, the rs3 has pretty aggressive sounding exhaust.

What I have done and feel like is perfect for me is only replacing the midpipe. It's cheap and eliminates the 2nd cat. So there's a little power gain and I feel like it sounds much more aggressive.

You can find a bunch of videos and stuff here - https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-kia-forte-turbo-performance/238-official-exhaust-thread.html

From what I've found, when you modifiy our exhaust it starts to sound like a little turbo diesel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Pretty distinctive but maybe a bit surprising.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

The 2.5L inline 5 rs3? That will be tough. 5 cylinders have a very distinctive sound. I agree, they said great but it'll be tough to do. Especially since it also have 50% more displacement than us...
Also, IMO, the rs3 has pretty aggressive sounding exhaust.

What I have done and feel like is perfect for me is only replacing the midpipe. It's cheap and eliminates the 2nd cat. So there's a little power gain and I feel like it sounds much more aggressive.

You can find a bunch of videos and stuff here - https://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-kia-forte-turbo-performance/238-official-exhaust-thread.html

From what I've found, when you modifiy our exhaust it starts to sound like a little turbo diesel. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Pretty distinctive but maybe a bit surprising.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Man, no way to get this awesome 5 inline sound from a 4 banger.

5 straight I think has the nicest sound. It is not too rumble like 4 boxer, but more distinct than V8.

Anyway, exhaust mods are hard to do due to very personal needs. Adding down pipe makes it more whistle like sound from the turbo spool, changing muffler will add some sound... but again, it is very hard to assess. Even with a video.
And the problem is you cannot just try it on and return :)

I never modified exhaust as I found it too risky. Did not want to have a drone.

But yeah, follow the tread and it may take you somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts