Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the video it sounds pretty nice. I wish they did a flyby though to hear what it sounds like.
I'm looking for improving the exhaust, but I'm new on this. Should I get an AXLE Back or a full cat back? This Axle Back sounds nice and seems that it won't have any issues with the police. The cat back I suspect it will sound higher (I live in CA). My only problem here is that it have 1 exit and I like the 2 exit style. I'm not looking to have a huge impact in performance, juts a sportier smooth sound. Would it be better to just have a muffler installed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm looking for improving the exhaust, but I'm new on this. Should I get an AXLE Back or a full cat back? This Axle Back sounds nice and seems that it won't have any issues with the police. The cat back I suspect it will sound higher (I live in CA). My only problem here is that it have 1 exit and I like the 2 exit style. I'm not looking to have a huge impact in performance, juts a sportier smooth sound. Would it be better to just have a muffler installed?
You could always take the car to a muffler shop and have them make something for you or replace the stock muffler and resonators. Youtube has some videos of people removing the mufflers, resonators, and cats. Its a good place to start to hear the different setups out there. Im currently trying to decide what i want to do as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i will have my 2nd Borla Pro XS muffler in tomorrow and then weds I'll be having them put on. Im doing 3 inch from the DP back to the rear axle Ypipe to dual 2 1/2s with the borlas. No 2nd cat or resonator as they're already gone on my setup now. Ill post a sound clip later this week to give an idea. Closest to our cars i could find with borlas was a genesis coupe 2.0t with dual borlas. It had a very deep tone to it so im excited.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
On mine I did a rear muffler delete and both cats and stock resonator was replaced with a pypes m80 muffler. All 2.5 piping except the DP is 3" catless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
On mine I did a rear muffler delete and both cats and stock resonator was replaced with a pypes m80 muffler. All 2.5 piping except the DP is 3" catless

Do you have a video of your setup?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yup on YouTube under AaronD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts