Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a case of bad drivers or drivers doing idiotic things as the norm these days? With dash cams you get to see a lot of bizarre things on the roads. Things that make you question what sane person would do. My theory is people are just getting away with it so they get brazen and keep doing it.

For instance, there are people who cheat traffic by driving on the shoulder or in my case this morning, there's one path out of a complex to the freeway but rush hour traffic being what it is, you're likely going sit behind 2 or 3 red lights before you get a chance to exit and get on the freeway so this genius had it in his head to take the lane that leads back another part of the complex as a ruse since everyone is trying to get onto the freeway to get to work but as soon as they get to the intersection they put their flashers on to turn right from a turning left lane cutting nearly causing me to t-bone them because I'm going straight (3 lanes) all because they didn't want to sit behind traffic like every one else.

Firstly, this prick was driving an Infiniti G sedan, likely 50K or more car. I mention this because I have come across a lot of so called luxury vehicles behaviour really self-entitled and they don't think the rules of the road apply to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they go through life treating people like dirt and getting away with it because they make a bit more money than the average person.

Anyway, I was infuriating as I just got going in 1st gear and had to perform a avoidance maneuver so they didn't hit me. Quickly chirped 2nd gear but I was pissed. I wish the police would fine these idiots big time or take their license away.

Either the government start doing something or vigilante justice will prevail. Haha, I'd love to slash this guys tires. no lie.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i post bad drivers regularly on my channel. i have 2 videos to make and upload soon

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
no good driving school and the common perception that everyone must have driving license.
Driving is a luxury that requires skills and knowledge. If an uncle who does not use mirrors and turn signals takes care of teaching the young driver, then the skills are what they are...

·
Registered
170 Posts
This bothers me almost daily. From people pulling out in front of me only to turn 37 feet up the road, to me going 5 over and some punkass in a truck he put a lift kit on and didn't adjust his lights, driving my tail because he has to go faster.

Add that to the fact most cars in my state don't have working turn signals.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Last time I had to take the test I missed 1 of the 20 questions. I asked the lady how many I could have missed and the said 6. 70% was passing?!!? sheeit... Just a bunch of dopes out there...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've been paying more attention to the driving school companies as I work just down the road from one and I honestly think the issue is with the so called instructors. I see so many stupid drivers driving in the left lane, not signaling if they are in a turn lane, not knowing if they should proceed through a yellow or if they safely have enough time to stop.

Something hilarious about seeing a 98 Corolla with a shot suspension bouncing violently after the brakes were slammed.

But I agree... I have a dash cam too and have captured so many blatant drivers running lights, not signaling... Basically doing whatever the want and the sad thing is that they get away with it.

The police force in Ottawa is severely understaffed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts