Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have. 2010 forte ex sedan with 76000 mile. The original alternator died on me about a month again and I replaced it. Once I got everything back together the check engine light came in and put out a the map sensor was hot working and that the voltage was to high. I replace the map sensor and check the voltage I get 14.5 volt which the car running and 13 when the car is off. I drove the car a little more and the. My scan tool stop working I got out and older one from my father and started putting out p0605,p2110. I get a used cheap ecu to replace the old one and everything was working fine at first but the it started out putting out p0079 and p0365. I can’t believe everything electrical in the car is dying. Basically the car is running ok but I obviously can’t drive it this way and in Texas it will not pass inspection like this. Any idea of the root of the problem could be

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
What is the history of the car?
How long have you had it?

Sounds to me like water damage...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the history of the car?
How long have you had it?

Sounds to me like water damage...
Got the car new off the lot has never had any water damages it hit in a parking lot once and a head light was damaged other then that have had no problems with in since we got it in 2010. The traction control lift come on ever once and a while by itself for no reason and turning the car off reset its. It been driven to and from work for 11 years and that’s all

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I see.
Well, if you are sure there is no water on the floor, or nothing is wet, I would move to checking connections and round points.
You get random very errors. All of them do not make sense except communication issues.

Eventually - there is a chance dying alternator sparked and killed some circuits, or fried them a bit.

Anyway, for now I would check ECU wiring (disconnect/connect). Same for the alternator and all wires around.
Ground points - maybe clean them? Maybe engine ground it bad? Maybe some wire is loose?

Of course, start with the battery (disconnect it) and then open the door to ensure no power is present before you begin (dome light).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts