Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
No sorry he's posted under a few different topics. Just look him, same user name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I'm by myself...lol

Yes I have been working with Kyle, at 845 Motorsports, when I got this car, I wanted to tune it myself and I have put in countless hours to do so,Kyle and I do work together on parts of my project, but it is primarily mine.

I can tune it...

I have a Korean ecu running the car now, and my stock one completely understand touched...in fact I have a Forte tune file running my Veloster Turbo..and it is tuned.

If you look and search my forum user name, you can find and follow what I have accomplished whit this...

And I have all the factory correct tuning calibration for doing the automatic and manual transmission car's. .

Is there any specific reason why you chose the forte tuned as a starting point?
Are you selling this or just doing it for your own fun?
the Forte, and some of the 15 Veloster calibrations start out as more refined...that's why most tuners have been starting with the 15 calibration files..

You have a pretty penny invested in software, I was hoping to see more of a budget minded software being used. All in good time I suppose but keep up the good work...

Might I suggest getting a back up engine ready. Not that the tuning will cause a problem just weak internals are unpredictable.

Reactions: lephoenix
I wish we didn't have to send the ECU in.. I'd like a tune on a spare. Completely understand why it's required and it makes sense. I've been holding off / trying to figure out when's a ok time to go car less for a while. The turn around from Ontario Canada to you and back to me is prob a week, week and a half.

Otherwise I'd be tuned along time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is definitely an inconvenience, however to make sure that the tune is true to your car little or no issue it has to be done that way. I mean technically we could sell tunes and just ship out ecu's to you guys, but there is a ton of stuff that wouldnt work including your vehicle immobilizer, which if your car is stolen, will help you out a ton. Is it inconvenient, yes, but it is the best way to do it!
Gina

Reactions: bryanwolfe5
I know the way my Nissan Titan tune would have worked was the company would send you the flashing software to hook your laptop to the ecu. It creates a file specific to your ecu including your parts you have. You then send the file to them they tune the file then send it back to you to flash your ecu yourself. I believe all together it was around 300 dollars.

Instagram @darth_forte

I know the way my Nissan Titan tune would have worked was the company would send you the flashing software to hook your laptop to the ecu. It creates a file specific to your ecu including your parts you have. You then send the file to them they tune the file then send it back to you to flash your ecu yourself. I believe all together it was around 300 dollars.

Instagram @darth_forte
Sounds like the COBB community, no?

We need a hand held tuner. Would b great to be able to tune according to what grade of gas we use. Sometimes I put in the good stuff but usually just the standard 87.

Sounds like the COBB community, no?

We need a hand held tuner. Would b great to be able to tune according to what grade of gas we use. Sometimes I put in the good stuff but usually just the standard 87.
Kinda it was specific to Nissan I believe they were called Uprev. Hand-held would make life so much easier lol

Instagram @darth_forte

Plugged in my Tork tuned Ecuador after months of waiting, officially I can say that the tune is insane. With the turbo xs bov however I notice it opens up around 2300 rpm if I have my foot lightly on the throttle which doesn't happened if I go wot.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.