Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

ECU tune worth it?

23K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  Playwithmymind 
Getting a tune is completely worth it, You will never get the most out of all of the mods that you put on your car without a tune, in fact, you may even lose power. Without a tune your car will not be running the proper Air fuels, target boost numbers, and your mileage will start to plummet. When you throw bolt on's on a car, especially with how advanced and high tech these cars are the ECU starts to freak out and doesnt know how to respond. A tune is just going to maximize your power and optimize your drivability, it is not uncommon to see a large increase in fuel efficiency after a tune.
Tyson

I wish we didn't have to send the ECU in.. I'd like a tune on a spare. Completely understand why it's required and it makes sense. I've been holding off / trying to figure out when's a ok time to go car less for a while. The turn around from Ontario Canada to you and back to me is prob a week, week and a half.

Otherwise I'd be tuned along time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is definitely an inconvenience, however to make sure that the tune is true to your car little or no issue it has to be done that way. I mean technically we could sell tunes and just ship out ecu's to you guys, but there is a ton of stuff that wouldnt work including your vehicle immobilizer, which if your car is stolen, will help you out a ton. Is it inconvenient, yes, but it is the best way to do it!
Gina

Reactions: bryanwolfe5
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.