Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

ECU tune worth it?

23K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  Playwithmymind 
I tuned my own ecu, it was a second one, my original ecu is completely un-touched...if I need to go to the dealer for something I just put it back in..

Actually I'm by myself...lol

Yes I have been working with Kyle, at 845 Motorsports, when I got this car, I wanted to tune it myself and I have put in countless hours to do so,Kyle and I do work together on parts of my project, but it is primarily mine.

I can tune it...

I have a Korean ecu running the car now, and my stock one completely understand touched...in fact I have a Forte tune file running my Veloster Turbo..and it is tuned.

If you look and search my forum user name, you can find and follow what I have accomplished whit this...

And I have all the factory correct tuning calibration for doing the automatic and manual transmission car's. .

Is there any specific reason why you chose the forte tuned as a starting point?
Are you selling this or just doing it for your own fun?
the Forte, and some of the 15 Veloster calibrations start out as more refined...that's why most tuners have been starting with the 15 calibration files..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.