·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So share the results :) don't tease and keep us in suspense
nothing to special. 215hp and 230 tq before tune. getting tuned i only hit i think 230 hp and 249 tq but all the bov issues i was having it just wasn't making any more power than that. so he gave me a tune that he knows will make at least 250 and he wanted me to get my bov fixed. i finally got it fixed and i would definitely say i am around 250hp. maybe a littler higher tq. i will try and post up a couple more vids. that puff of black smoke was before they even let off the gas. there was a few times it sounded like a damn cannon being shot when they let off the gas. ill try and get one of those up

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what have you done to your exhaust? :)
2.5" catless dp. 2.5" strait pipe replacing 2nd cat and res. axle back Y pipe to 2.5" strait pipe to stock muffler tips. the vid doesn't really do it justice of how loud this damn thing actually is. i was blowing soot all over the place

·
Registered
257 Posts
2.5" catless dp. 2.5" strait pipe replacing 2nd cat and res. axle back Y pipe to 2.5" strait pipe to stock muffler tips. the vid doesn't really do it justice of how loud this damn thing actually is. i was blowing soot all over the place
What downpipe do you have? No CEL? Thats the only thing I haven't done on my exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Hahahaha Videos don't do justice! When mine was straight pipe it was LOUD but sounded oh so good! LOL.

When I took my car to the body shop I punched it and my wife called me up and said I was blowing black smoke out and freaked out on me lol.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahahaha Videos don't do justice! When mine was straight pipe it was LOUD but sounded oh so good! LOL.

When I took my car to the body shop I punched it and my wife called me up and said I was blowing black smoke out and freaked out on me lol.
lol rollin coal like a diesel

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think there was an option for 2.5 or 3 and i went with 2.5 not knowing that the 3 would still bolt up to factory mid pipe. idk though, just got that damn stocker out of there

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
i think there was an option for 2.5 or 3 and i went with 2.5 not knowing that the 3 would still bolt up to factory mid pipe. idk though, just got that damn stocker out of there
I hear ya! I got the 3" and man did it make a big difference. Love the way it sounds when it starts and when you barely tap the throttle at idle.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't want to start a new thread about this but if you get a downpipe (cat-less or catted) and a new exhaust system, is a tune absolutely necessary? I read some conflicting advices on the web.

I read that without a tune, your car would actually run less power than stock or have some detrimental effects, running lean because of the AF ratio being out of whack.

I'm curious as well if someone can make a custom exhaust with butterfly valves, it's what I think it's called. With a switch you can make it open and close for loud and quiet mode.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Anyone know of a good dyno shop in the Toronto area??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts