Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are a few other threads where people have posted drag times and slips. But parsing through a 50 page thread to find 5 times isent fun.

Can we do a dedicated drag times thread?
Post up all the info available. Times, 60 ft, temp, humidity, elevation, etc.
Torque logs if you feel like it.
No, "mods in sig". In 6 months when you throw on an intercooler and a stuffed turbo we will never know what mods you had during your run.

Fastest
1. 14.825 - Aurora 15 - 2015 Koup- intake, IC resonator delete, midpipe
2. 14.845 - CrypTech - 2015 Koup a/t - IC resonator delete, muffler delete, fmic, spark plugs, test pipe, intake
3. 14.868 - brygor93 - muffler delete and KSR turbo intake
4. 14.92 -2015RacingRedTurboKoup -6th CAI, FMIC, & motor mount. Second cat, resonator and muffler delete
5. 15.397 - mikex.18 a/t

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well then. I had IC resonator delete, muffler delete, and that's about it and ran high 14's. What do you want?

Reactions: lephoenix

·
Registered
162 Posts
You should do some drag strip runs and post up your times, and the mods you had at the time to see were you compare to everyone else.

·
Registered
162 Posts
After all, it's a lot more fun to actually do the runs, paying money to use a drag strip, and run your car all out, than it is to sit at a computer and say what people should do after perusing through some forum posts. What does you car run in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I can't tell if you are trying to be a dick or not CrypTech...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After all, it's a lot more fun to actually do the runs, paying money to use a drag strip, and run your car all out, than it is to sit at a computer and say what people should do after perusing through some forum posts. What does you car run in the 1/4 mile?
I wasn't targeting this thread at anyone. Just trying to get everything organized in one specific place. Most car forums have a drag times thread. As far as I could tell we just had a street racing thread.
I don't really race my car by I like to see what everyone else is doing. It's interesting and it helps verify that mods are doing what they claim to.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then. I had IC resonator delete, muffler delete, and that's about it and ran high 14's. What do you want?
If you can post your slip and a specific time that would be great. Then a mod or I can update the first post as time goes on. Currently you have the fastest turbo forte on the list.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm very curious to see the times some members can post. I am still in the infancy of modding my koup so I'm eager to see the ranges out there. Once they start doing test n tunes soon I'll run a few passes at the track near me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've done a couple full throttle launches and I've noticed if you can time your throttle input just right to let off the brake at 2k rpm it has boost already but doesn't cut boost like if you try to brake torque it any higher. Then the issue is traction. I think with better tires and that technique it would drop a few tenths to 60 and in the 1/4 even on a bone stock car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What I'm seeing is mid to high 14's for a mostly stock car. Not bad at all. I'm betting all basic bolt ons(intake,hot pipe,dp/mp, exhaust) without a tune will get you solid mid to low 14s.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Downpipe and mid pipe are generally the biggest flow impediment on turbo cars. Plus a catless dp will result in lower egts, less heat soak, quicker spooling. I think with that over just a muffler delete and intake would drop several tenths off. However a real tune is where the gains are. The stock ecu at least plays friendly on these cars with bolt ons. Some like GM and subaru will learn out any gains leaving you exactly nowhere. I'm really really excited to see the 3 bar map tunes that are coming.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah from what I've saw of these cars your hp numbers should be much higher once sorted. Were you dropping boost up higher in the Rev range?

Anyways on topic have you ran your car with that setup? If not you should and share with us

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yeah from what I've saw of these cars your hp numbers should be much higher once sorted. Were you dropping boost up higher in the Rev range?

Anyways on topic have you ran your car with that setup? If not you should and share with us
where have you seen one of these cars with those numbers on stock tune?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts