Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to check, i got a down pipe installed today on my Kia Koup 1.6 GDI SX 2015.

I couldn't really feel a major difference in performance when driving back home from the fitment center.

Does it take a while before i start noticing a performance difference, i have heard from one or two people that the car must set its self to the change that has been made.

Can any one else give me feed back if they have had a down pipe installed and what they experienced.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
reset ECU/PCM to re-learn... this might help.
From what I gathered here for a while, it seems non-tuned ECU will default back to the closest original settings. Hence, if you want to really see a difference - tune is a must.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yes reset the ECU, something else to think of is how many other mods do you have? DP is a good start and if you have a boost gauge or did any logging before and after you will see the boost builds much faster and will peak at a lower rpm. Once you start adding things like SRI or CAI and eliminating the second cat the car will wake up more. The more you mod the more you will be able to tell a ECU tune is needed and at the same time the more mods you have when/if you get the tune done the better the results.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Curious what fitment center you went to for a new downpipe...... Sounds like snake oil to me honestly.......

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hope he bought one and took it to be installed, seen people get ripped off by shops way to much. Goodyear, Firestone, AAmco, Mineke Tires Plus, Tire Kingdom and the list goes on will all take advantage of people, hell I've had Firestone tell me they didn't want to work on my truck because I was telling them what to do and said I didn't need them checking gear oil in the rear diff or pulling the tires to check brakes, just set the CMPS and done (10 min tops). Ended up spending $24 for the tool and doing it myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feed back, i will drive the car for a while and see if there is any major difference.

I think the car just needs to adjust itself to the change.

I took it to a fitment center caller Power flow exhausts, I was refereed to them from a lot of other guys who have sent there cars in there for down pipes.

I should have actually did a dyno run before i sent it in for the down pipe and then another one afterwards to see the difference .

Has any one who's got the Koup GDI SX 2015 put their car on a dyno stock and know what the Kilowats were on the wheels ?

I have ordered the SRI from 6th Element just waiting for it to be delivered.

I will update after in a few days to give feed back.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
How much did you pay for it? Still feeling snake oil

·
Registered
518 Posts
Did you get a chance to look at it before it was installed to compare difference with factory dp

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Thanks for the feed back, i will drive the car for a while and see if there is any major difference.

I think the car just needs to adjust itself to the change.

I took it to a fitment center caller Power flow exhausts, I was refereed to them from a lot of other guys who have sent there cars in there for down pipes.

I should have actually did a dyno run before i sent it in for the down pipe and then another one afterwards to see the difference .

Has any one who's got the Koup GDI SX 2015 put their car on a dyno stock and know what the Kilowats were on the wheels ?

I have ordered the SRI from 6th Element just waiting for it to be delivered.

I will update after in a few days to give feed back.
Hello William! I dropped that off for shipment today :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts