Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our downpipe development has kicked into gear. I will update this thread as things progress and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Initially, we had an OEM VT downpipe 3D scanned so we can build what we need in CAD. This ensures perfect fitment since we can design and make fixturing both virtually and with the stock part.

It also means we can build the part how we want and we have some goals:

- Flow matched to the turbocharger (which has also been scanned for future kit development)
- properly designed cast elbow. No welds or pie cuts to fatigue and crack and we have full control on geometry to optimize airflow as we did with our Forte intercooler endtanks
- material is still being evaluated and will be chosen once the cast elbow design is done and we can evaluate stresses induced by movement and heat cycles
- high flow catted version will be available as well as coatings
- remaining components will be high quality stainless steels for maximum corrosion protection

Price is still undetermined as it is a little to early to guess but our goal is under $400 for a truly engineered part. I will do our best to make that happen.

Teaser pic:

26379514485_85d161090a_o.jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can't wait

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
thats the veloster down pipe. the forte is a one piece as 6th put in his 2nd line

·
Registered
458 Posts
I should check mine. I'll get some pics and post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
So will this be a cat less or a high flow cat ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sounds good ! The second cat delete I'm good with but the primary I chose to leave in . I know it will hinder my build about 5 whp but I'd rather be not having to drop the DP for every inspection lol . We have yearly here in pa . The exhaust setup I am getting will have a removal vband setup for the second cat . But that's easy to access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
The VT actually has the flex pipe right before the cat in the cat back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts