Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
That just says the forte. Doesn't say the forte turbo!

I find it funny how they can say that. Shoot even good credit people buy less expensive cars so the payments aren't high. I could have went with a different car for sure but didn't want to be like all the others around here. Out here means if you make the money show it off with a BMW or something expensive. I don't feel I need to buy a high end car to show my credit or how much money I make

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out here means if you make the money show it off with a BMW or something expensive. I don't feel I need to buy a high end car to show my credit or how much money I make
Did you also catch this in the article? ". The research he cites shows that people who drive BMWs in retirement tend to be the unhappiest of all retirees".

It's certainly possible to have a good salary and bad credit. People of all incomes still can struggle with living within their means. Point of the study just seems to show a correlation in people who prioritize reliability when car shopping(presumably keeping it a long time so that reliability pays off) and good credit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Did you also catch this in the article? ". The research he cites shows that people who drive BMWs in retirement tend to be the unhappiest of all retirees".

It's certainly possible to have a good salary and bad credit. People of all incomes still can struggle with living within their means. Point of the study just seems to show a correlation in people who prioritize reliability when car shopping(presumably keeping it a long time so that reliability pays off) and good credit.
I laughed when I read that about the BMW's! Hmm, but with the renewed emphasis on reliability in the KIA line (10yr / 100K miles warranty) I'd say that KIA products are one of the ones people SHOULD look for in retaining for a long time. I got 338K miles out of my Mazda 626, and I plan on doing that again with the Forte SX.

·
Registered
535 Posts
825 credit score. I wouldn't want to pay out the ass to keep a lexus or acura running. Especially when my F5 came standard with all the equipment I needed.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Does anyone else have a "friend" that craps all over your Kia claiming his BMW is a real car?

Oh this same guy still lives in ramen noodles and no name ketchup. He graduated 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I would never go 10k without doing a oil change on a car. With how traffic is today and in town driving that can take a toll on a car. My mother in law has a camry and I change it every 3k because she does mostly in town driving.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Depends on your driving for sure. But I got oil analysis done by blackstone on my GTI, RSX, and Celica and the oil in those was all still in good shape at 10k and they recommended going further. Using Mobil1 and mostly highway driving, had a 55 mile one way 99% highway commute back then. Regardless should stick with the factory schedule as a minimum though so I'm back to 3k on the F5. Just feels a bit like going back to the stone ages of oil change intervals.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Because of my 200 mile a day commute all fwy and half in traffic I would stay at 3k even with my suv because it's a lot of stop and go on the way home. I am just to anal because of the commute. I would rather not go over even if Blackstone said I could because the dealer has the last say if something goes wrong.

I also had a rsx. I had a 04 rsx type-s and still changed it every 3-5k. I did that because it was a high revving motor and I always played around with that car lol

OK back to saying people with Fortes are broke as a joke lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
This f/wit can think what he wants, I brought my koup because I like its style, the price was a bonus, 6 month 7,500 km servicing for a turbo model not so much, (fixed price servicing is $4 ,530 over 7 years) still cheaper than having my arse reamed by BMW and their stuck up opinion of them self.

My other car is due for replacement soon, I'm looking at 52k for the V6 or 60k for an LS3 V8 Calais, wonder where I fit on his scale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts