Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

DIY intercooler resonator delete pipe

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  15ForteSX 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got around to doing this and took some pictures too!
Some things you will need: delete pipe, various size plyers, jack, jack stands, light

1. Jack up the car and apply jack stands.
Light Floor Sky Flooring Fence

2. Proceeding to locate the resonator..
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille

3. Going down under..
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

4. Going..
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

5. Almost there..
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood

6. BAM! stock resonator
Automotive tire Glove Helmet Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

7. This is where you will need some plyers to unscrew the cap to loosen the hose clamps. Various size wrenches will help.
Basic pump Wood Tints and shades Sandal Font

8. Loosen the hose clamp closest to the block and remove the hose off the inlet.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exhaust Gas

9. Loosen the hose clamp following the stock resonator and remove the hose off the inlet.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Rim Automotive exterior

10. There she goes.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Bumper

See less See more
Reactions: PLP
#2 · (Edited)
11. Operating floor with new pipe to be replaced.
Household hardware Gas Auto part Automotive exhaust Metal

12. Proceed to loosen all the hose clamps and separate.
Automotive lighting Personal protective equipment Household hardware Nickel Font

13. Inside resonator pipes (delete - top, stock - bottom)
Automotive tire Wood Tin Automotive wheel system Rim

14. Attach the hose clamps onto the hose ends but only snug them where they can still freely move. Have ready the hose end from the block and delete pipe freely snug together to install. I decided to replace my hose clamps with the screw type to make the install/removal much easier. I did leave the block end hose clamp alone as it was built into the rubber.
Household hardware Nickel Tap Gas Plumbing

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Muffler Exhaust system

Hand Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Vehicle brake

15. Apply block end hose and delete pipe with hose clamps onto the car but don't tighten anything just yet. The idea is to get it all back on the car with all hoses seated firmly, delete pipe centered, and hose clamps positioned in their right spots.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Gas Muffler

Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Fluid

16. Start from the block and checking that hoses are seated and things are centered, start to tighten the clamps in order from block to the opposite end.
Watch Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

17. Finished product! Enjoy smoother gears and definitely less surges during WOT with this mod.
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

#5 ·
11. Operating floor with new pipe to be replaced.
Great, awesome, but in a few weeks the thread will be useless, because you put all pics on photobucket and it takes only one small change in your account, not to mention account deletion, to see "file does not exist" instead of pics.

Upload them to forum server if you want this thread to serve its purpose in future.

Reactions: 15ForteSX
#6 · (Edited)
is there a limit on the number of photos you can store? i thought i saw it was 15 but correct me if im wrong.

#4 ·
thanks! i will be working on other helpful DIY in the future.

#11 ·
even the most novice newb needs to do this to their car. without it, its like breathing out of one nostril and your mouth closed while running haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.