Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a way to disable the chime when you get out of the car and close the door with it running? That's part of my routine right now as we're in a rental house that has a 2 car garage but no opener. It's a rather piercing and overly long tone, especially when I'm out early in the morning heading to work.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I believe it only does that when you take the key with you... leave it in the center console and put it back in your pocket when you come back.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, so rather when the key leaves. Another workaround is to leave the door cracked and not latch it so you can take the key. Just wondering if there's a way to disable it outright.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Where does the noise come from ? I see the secondary horn for the alarm . Could that be it . If not and its like a little speaker some black tape over the hole lol . I did that on my VW door module a while back

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah not sure, will need to hunt for it. Definitely seems to be coming from the engine bay.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah not sure, will need to hunt for it. Definitely seems to be coming from the engine bay.
The little speaker on mine is mounted to the side of the sub-frame on the drivers side down by the fog light.

Reactions: nouse4aname

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I actually like that it tells me I have the key. I don't like leaving my key in the car with it running unless I am right next to it. If I do get out like when in the garage I just put it in the front console tray.

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't quite so loud and continuous. On our RAV4 it's just a short series of beeps rather than a continuous tone.

I'll have to take a look at the speaker and either muffle it with some tape or disconnect it this weekend.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I take insurance claims... You wouldn't believe how many cars get jacked cuz people run into their house to grab something but leave the keys in the running car. Places you wouldn't believe like out in the country, or areas where you would believe like mid Chicago... But yes, that damn thing pissed me off

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's why I don't want to leave the key in. Even if just for the time it takes to close the garage door and lock up. But neither do I want to do 2 cold startups back to back daily on the car.

If someone tries to take it without the key they likely wouldn't expect it to be a manual and stall it and they'd be out of luck heh.

·
Registered
534 Posts
At the k5 optima store they sell a canbus interface module that can remote start as well as a few other things. Supposed to work on our car, but not sure if the manual transmission would affect that. Supposedly works well on the optima. There is a YouTube video with some of the functions and button presses required for them on the factory remote.

Be warned it must be spliced into the canbus.
K5 Optima Store - K5OS Canbus Control Module

Also looks like it came down in price. Thought it was pricier when I last checked during summer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
At the k5 optima store they sell a canbus interface module that can remote start as well as a few other things. Supposed to work on our car, but not sure if the manual transmission would affect that. Supposedly works well on the optima. There is a YouTube video with some of the functions and button presses required for them on the factory remote.

Be warned it must be spliced into the canbus.
K5 Optima Store - K5OS Canbus Control Module

Also looks like it came down in price. Thought it was pricier when I last checked during summer.
I've seen this and would like to give it a shot, but I'll wait until i know for a fact it'll work ok with manual.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I ever have to leave my car to go lock the door after I've already started her I just click the button on the key fob throw the key fob on my seat then lock the car manually from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts