Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in Canada, DRL's are mandatory adn I can't really disable them without having my local RCMP get upset, so I am looking for a way to make my DRL's match my LED's / HID lights. It drives me bonkers having that gross yellow colour coming from my headlights. Even though I can't see it, others can and its gross. lol End rant.

I thought about putting LED's in, but I remember there being something about we cannot do this with our dust cap on, because they get too hot, and I do not want to run HID's for the highbeams, because I live in the middle of no where. I guess my only other option is a PIAA/ Phillips xtreme white bulb, but DRL's run at lower voltqges, so it will probably look yellow too.... UGH

Any ideas? I wish there was a way to make the LED positioning lights my DRL's.... That would look sick

·
Registered
633 Posts
Theres a mod to convert the LED strips to DRLs if you prefer that.

I believe Walpole5 was the author and I know its posted on the other Forte forums... Not sure if he did the same thing here.

And if you're referring to the Nokya Arctic White bulbs... I had them in Mazda - they're still yellow Lol.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think converting the LED strips to DRL's would be the best.

I will look for his post... It would be interesting to see if nothing else.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Theres a mod to convert the LED strips to DRLs if you prefer that.

I believe Walpole5 was the author and I know its posted on the other Forte forums... Not sure if he did the same thing here.

And if you're referring to the Nokya Arctic White bulbs... I had them in Mazda - they're still yellow Lol.
Where's the write up?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only issue I am seeing with this is that Canadian cars are different, and they run low voltage through the high beams for DRLs. One guy said he had LED's in his high beams, and it worked that way, or we would have to take the High beam bulbs out to make it LED positioning lights only... Not exactly ideal for me in the country,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SO I guess my issue now becomes, of all the crazy Forte gurus, where is the Canada DRL module? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts