Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to deactivate the DRLs? I live in Canada and the daytime running lights are set up as the high beams at half wattage. I want to replace them with LED lights but don't want them on all the time. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don't know about disabling them all together without also disabling your high beams.

A member did convert the LED strips to his DRLs and IIRC it was relatively simple. I don't remember if he posted it on these forums, but he did make a guide on the Forte Forums.

Edit: here's the link to the third page in that thread... For some reason that website doesn't like to work on my phone... Just move to the first page.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/kia-forte-lighting/73378-convert-led-positioning-lights-drl-s.html#/topics/73378?page=3

·
Registered
309 Posts
Isn't that illegal if your car was Menard for Canada sale then it should have drl. If imported from somewhere other than Canadian market you will be exempt.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes DRLs are required in Canada, but u often see cars without em - atleast in Ontario.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Or going WOT everytime you're in a tunnel, lol.
Never heard of this one, unless this is Swiss traffic law.

As for DRL - yes, there is a way, but first - Why do you need to do that? Except LED mod, which is... say not really good idea. As of now there is still no LED on the market that would ideally mimic halogen light pattern. HID yes, in majority, but LED due to its limitations (built/position of light source) is still not there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts