Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share a couple pics of the Forte5 all dirtied up at the 100 acre wood rally. I was a single Forte hatch in a sea of subbies, and focuses. Actually had two people compliment me on it and one asked..what is it? Lol. Had a blast spectating and blasting through the hills, twisties and dirt roads in southern MO. Definitely planing to make it an all weekend event next year.

Here's a couple pics while parked on stage 16. Directly behind the car was the road they were running on. Also shot some video from this stage and another that I'll link.

IMG_0313.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG

Couple pics from this morning...bummed that it rained and washed most of the dust off before I could take pics..Lol
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
Then just a couple I liked
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG

2 video compilation of stage 12 and stage 16 runs. Travis pastrana was the winner and the lead car in both videos.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mmm that lip.

For some reason I thought that race was in northern Illinois.
Southern Missouri is always fun to drive through. My problem is I either have a car sick wife or a bunch of fishing gear when I'm going through there and can't have as much fun as I would like to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Race days start in both Salem and steelville area and the surrounding woods. This was my second year and have had a blast both times. Only reason I got to play as much as I did was that the wife wasn't with me this time.....just a friend from my old work.

As for the lip...it held up great! Even though a couple of times I wasn't sure it was going to make it through a couple of the drainage/creek crossings...Lol. Actually a good thing the wife wasn't with me as she would have been freaking out in a couple spots I took her car through to get to the spectator spots...

I would love to get a beater car together and run this race sometime. Maybe an older forte??? Lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well why yes....you mean like this???

Saturday... stage 10

Or like this??? :)

All drivers walked away btw...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Race days start in both Salem and steelville area and the surrounding woods. This was my second year and have had a blast both times. Only reason I got to play as much as I did was that the wife wasn't with me this time.....just a friend from my old work.

As for the lip...it held up great! Even though a couple of times I wasn't sure it was going to make it through a couple of the drainage/creek crossings...Lol. Actually a good thing the wife wasn't with me as she would have been freaking out in a couple spots I took her car through to get to the spectator spots...

I would love to get a beater car together and run this race sometime. Maybe an older forte??? Lol
You lucked out.

1st Gen forte5 sx with a 2.4? Aren't AS pricey. Seems like there's a decent amount of parts around to have fun with.
I looked at one but did thinkle they looked as good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya class 2 would be what I'd be interested in.. Which is non turbo, stock block, 2wd cars. I would rather have a rwd car but older forte would fit with those requirements. I actually read the entire rule book last night. There are actually quite a few rules and requirements to run in rally America events. Good thing is...if you built a car to these specs...you could enter it in pretty much any rallyx event out there as the rules are way lest strict in rallyx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts