Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably guessing it's my iPhone that's the issue . But my Defi is majorly cutting out upon starting the car and I have to reset the blue tooth on the phone to connect . Then not all of the gauges are reading . Thinking I should get a tablet to use as a stand alone reader ? What cheap ones are good and I'm. Guessing androids work flawless with these port reading devices .

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I have the LG 8" tablet. I can check what the model is. I think it's a $100-150 tab. It's been running torque perfectly for me and doesn't skip a beat for me using 8 gauges at a time.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is indeed your iPhone, the Bluetooth protocols that the OBDII dongles use are not supported by the iOS.

I have a Nexus 7 that I use with mine. I would say any upper-low end, or mid range tablet should be able to do this job, without causing any rage for the user.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I thought someone was using a WiFi dongle with there iPhone but I don't think it worked as good as Bluetooth and android phone. I have a mcr dongle and galaxy s5 and it works awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to look for a small android . The Defi originally was designed to work with the android for the first gen run . So I'm guessing ( like every other Apple vs non apple product ) it will work flawless . They have referb Galaxy tablets at my company . I'm going to pick one up . Hoping to find one the size of a note . So I can use my cd mount that I ordered .

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Ahh, the Iphone vs. Android fight LOL
Tyson

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update ,
Well after trying to find a way to contact Defi . I finally did through Facebook !
They were really helpful to explain . I was very great full that they took the time to write a great long reply . Now it works flawless . This is what they sent . I know it's a Defi and a lot probably won't get it due to its expense . But it's a good to know and may help with other devices when connecting to an OBD blu tooth system. :)
Defi
Thank you for using our product.

The app and the adapter need to be connected via bluetooth after the iPhone and the adapter are connected via bluetooth.

After turning on the car engine, it takes 10 seconds to start the adapter. Then it takes a few seconds to connect the adapter and an iPhone via bluetooth. And then the app needs to be connected to the adapter via bluetooth.

It can be confirmed if the iPhone is connected to the adapter via bluetooth in the settings > Bluetooth > MY DEVICES.

We would like you to try to connect the app to the adapter after confirming your iPhone is connected to the adapter.

1)Car endine starts
10 seconds
2)Adapter starts
a few seconds
3)iPhone connects to adapter
then
4)App connects to adapter (MENU > Communication)

Sorry for the complex procedure. We hope it works!

Reactions: Forte5
1 - 8 of 8 Posts