Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Check your hyperlink - no video plays.
Cobalts were (IMO) very good cars. Keeping with the times at GM, the two door coupes (turbo and supercharged) were performance cars that took the Cavalier and Saturn coupe off the production line. The turbo SS Cobalt people came to our SRT4 meetings and they were pretty cool. The Cobalts could be made to be zoomy, but $$$ required.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
None of the videos are playing...

So this is 2017. DCT or MT?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Odd, I saw the vid when this was first posted.
Basically the F5 keeps up with the MS3 while the cobalt slowly fell behind. Still pretty sweet it kept up with the MS3.

And to answer your question PLP, it was a MT (I went through his posts).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I see, thanks.

So MS3 must have been completely stock then... And same Cobalt. Unless this one was SC.

·
Registered
309 Posts
No idea why ideas are not working but obviously it works for some. His car is the refreshed with manual gearbox. He looks like he has a straight pipe with muffler delete then I saw the fmic so I'm guessing he's tuned. No way a simple built on F5 would keep up with the cobalt and ms3.

Either way you meed to pump a little or alot ofoney into rhis car to getany performance out of them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No idea why ideas are not working but obviously it works for some. His car is the refreshed with manual gearbox. He looks like he has a straight pipe with muffler delete then I saw the fmic so I'm guessing he's tuned. No way a simple built on F5 would keep up with the cobalt and ms3.

Either way you meed to pump a little or alot ofoney into rhis car to getany performance out of them.
Come on little of faith just to day I run with one ms3 I not look that bad obviously this was roll not dig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not saying were so slow that a prius would beat us but we're not that fast stock. Some of thr magazines show this car with 7+ seconds 0-60 which is almost 1 second behind most cars with 200hp.

I've driven non turbo cars with less power that felt quicker.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Car to car can feel different. Try bring in a Camaro and the a Ferrari with similar hp. The first thing you will notice in the Ferrari it's the lack of suspension squat, immediate hookup and then it just goes. So feel is not always an acurate indicator

·
Registered
309 Posts
No, I totally agree. A supercar and a poor man's sports car is a good example. My original thought was that, I'm impressed he's keeping up with the MS3 and looks like he's beating the Cobalt. May be our cars aren't that slow after all, lol.

Anyway...

I had some fun this morning. This WRX thought I wanted to race. I erred on the side of caution and didn't take bait but I was really tempted to see how much he'd beat me (us) but if a cop saw us, it's bye bye car and upwards of $10,000 for stunt driving (racing).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts