Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been noticing that after about 30 minutes to an hour of driving my clutch kinda rattles. Mostly as I'm slowly releasing it from 1st gear or when I down shift to second and then let off the clutch. It vibrates/rattles. It doesn't happen when I just start to drive, mostly after I've been driving for a while. But it is a noticeable shake/rattle/vibration. Any help? I have an oil change due in 1000 miles and I'm almost inclined to take it to the dealer to check on it. But most of the time, my local dealer always shrugs off my info.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
How many miles you have on it?

Also, how abusive were you to the clutch?
Rattle most of the time comes from the bearing/fork and pressure plate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just reached 29,000 on my F5. I'm not abusive at all, always down shifting and never riding the clutch. Thankfully I've put off doing any mods to the car in case the warranty has to be used.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So does the noise change with a little pressure on the clutch?

29k - dealer will take care of it, only if they see/hear it...
However, if there is something not right, make sure they correct it. I had clutch problem, dealer fixed it causing some other issues and warranty expired in the meantime (2 months) and then I was refused any repair...

·
Registered
514 Posts
if its happening all the time while your driving, show the dealership and they will take care of it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
To be had I have been seeing a lot of these trans in the shop for a bad throw out bearing. one bearing blew apart and actually got caught and stop the engine all together. even from turning over. The shop thought the engine seized only to find out that it was the throw out bearing just got all caught up.

Crazy thing but anyways i have been having trouble with my syncros for quite some time now. Shop wont cover it till it either doesn't stay in gear or go into.... till then I just gotta beat on this thing till it goes but wow is it frustrating when you know what's wrong but have to drive your car half assed working.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
514 Posts
To be had I have been seeing a lot of these trans in the shop for a bad throw out bearing. one bearing blew apart and actually got caught and stop the engine all together. even from turning over. The shop thought the engine seized only to find out that it was the throw out bearing just got all caught up.

Crazy thing but anyways i have been having trouble with my syncros for quite some time now. Shop wont cover it till it either doesn't stay in gear or go into.... till then I just gotta beat on this thing till it goes but wow is it frustrating when you know what's wrong but have to drive your car half assed working.
how many miles did you start seeing the problem and is there anything preventative new car users can do to combat this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
how many miles did you start seeing the problem and is there anything preventative new car users can do to combat this?
I would say nothing to prevent it. You either get a bad one or you don't. The ones​ I have seen fail with the bad throw out is at 7k miles 30k and around 80k so wild spread and I had one with bad synchros at 4k miles too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts