Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a minute I was thinking the trans fluid ran through the hydraulic lines for the clutch.
Is the fluid the same for clutch as brake? I'm not sure if the brake reservoir is also the clutch?
Sorry for my lack of understanding as this is really my first manual and one to work on.
Also are the lines connected together say if air from a brake leak affect the clutch?

·
Registered
634 Posts
On these cars the clutch and brakes use the same reservoir.

There are separate lines for the clutch and brakes though. So if you had a leak in your clutch line it would not affect the brakes unless all fluid leaked out of the reservoir and you draw air into the system.

Use DOT3 or DOT4 fluid only.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
I confirm.
Clutch fluid lines are connected to the brake fluid and they use the very same fluid.

On my older Elantra (XD, 2001-2006) clutch was separate... then they changed it to my dislike.
On the other hand, whenever you start loosing fluid, brake fluid reservoir has the check light. However, if clutch leaks, you loose brakes, too.
So either way it messed up. :)

Reactions: 15ForteSX

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why did they stop there with the brake/clutch reservoir? with those results, the lines might as well all be connected together lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.