Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 22 Forte GT. Today when I was at work my buddies were looking at it with the hood open and I revved it and as it came back down to the lower RPM's there was a rattling noise that sounded like it came from the middle of the intake. Its a very light noise and was brief. It doesn't do it all the time just when I rev it up to make the bov go off and it comes back to lower rpms. At idle its absent and I haven't noticed it while driving. I did goof a couple days ago and went to grab 4th from 3rd at decent rpms and hit 2nd instead. The engine yelled at me loudly and it jerked but I've had a manual so I was pretty quick with the clutch. I know the injectors noise and this is not them. So I'm scared shitless that missing that gear has messed up my brand new car. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'll post a video of the noise when I get a chance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check the Purge control solenoid valve. Hold your finger on it as you replicate the sound. I've heard those can make some ticking noises.

Also some ticking noise from direct inject engines is normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts