Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2015 Kia Forte koup sx yesterday and everything was good but today when I drove it I noticed when downshifting with the paddles, I hear a definite click (sometimes one right after another) every gear I downshift, and I'm not downshifting at a high speed, I'll be in 4th or 5th and coming to a stop sign going no faster than 15-20mph, and each gear downshift there's a click. I kept the radio down and noticed that sometimes when I'm turning the wheel at very low speed like taking a turn onto a street it'll make the click noise. Also noticed it when I put it into reverse from park. It sounds like it's coming from the front right wheel well or wheel area, but it's definitely happening every time I downshift as soon as I downshift. Someone please help. I just bought it and 24 hours later this is happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bought a 2015 Kia Forte koup sx yesterday and everything was good but today when I drove it I noticed when downshifting with the paddles, I hear a definite click (sometimes one right after another) every gear I downshift, and I'm not downshifting at a high speed, I'll be in 4th or 5th and coming to a stop sign going no faster than 15-20mph, and each gear downshift there's a click. I kept the radio down and noticed that sometimes when I'm turning the wheel at very low speed like taking a turn onto a street it'll make the click noise. Also noticed it when I put it into reverse from park. It sounds like it's coming from the front right wheel well or wheel area, but it's definitely happening every time I downshift as soon as I downshift. Someone please help. I just bought it and 24 hours later this is happening

Note I used the paddles the day I got it and there was no noise at all when using the paddles. Also to add to what I've found today, when I put it into drive (normal not paddle mode) it makes the same click when I get on the gas only at the beginning of first gear. I'm not over reacting it's a noise that wasn't there before, and now it's here and doesn't sound like it's supposed to be there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you search forum? Google? I have never heard or read about clicking. Not much to go off based on what you posted. If you just picked up then yeah go back and make sure it nothing serious

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you search forum? Google? I have never heard or read about clicking. Not much to go off based on what you posted. If you just picked up then yeah go back and make sure it nothing serious
Definitely gonna go tomorrow. Got it from a used car dealership although the title and vin are clean of any damage whatsoever, but you know how used car dealerships are, they'll probably shrug it off and tell me to take it to kia even though they sold it to me. Oh well I will try to get some sleep tonight and hopefully I can at least find out what the noise or problem is tokottoe. Thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
No. Don't take it the used dealer. Take it to a kia dealer and let them at least inspect or check for any open tsb's etc. Your time and peace of mind is worth it. Other than that. Its
Its a great car

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. Don't take it the used dealer. Take it to a kia dealer and let them at least inspect or check for any open tsb's etc. Your time and peace of mind is worth it. Other than that. Its
Its a great car
So I shouldn't take it to the dealer that sold me the car? What if they sold it to me with that problem? I said I'd rather take it to Kia, but my parents said they would take it right back where I got it and tell them to fix it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They're not a Kia dealership, they have a bunch of new jags Mercedes Maseratis, that kinda stuff. Every 2015 Kia Forte I found with similar feats was 13,000$+, the one I got was 11,000$. They told me that it was so cheap because no one wanted a Kia from a fancy car lot, but now I'm starting to wonder. But anyways yea 1st owner had a 100,000 mile warranty but since I'm 2nd owner I have a 60,000 mile warranty but I'm still half that. I'll take it to them first then if they can't do anything I'll take it to Kia

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check your local laws for your area. Just means there are legal options for remedy should things go south. But dont worry... the car may have been idle on the lot for a bit and needs to be driven (awoken) up a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

She's a beaut guys really, if anyone's encounter this ticking noise please help me make her better ):

·
Registered
170 Posts
You say it's on downshifting, does it happen when the transmission downshifts, or when you hit the paddles? Does it do it when you bumpshift the shifter? My car starts downshifting already around 30 mph, does yours do this? Does it make the noise then as well, doing it automatically? Is it speed dependant or shifting dependant (ie, does it happen if you are in neutral and slowing down around those speeds)?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You say it's on downshifting, does it happen when the transmission downshifts, or when you hit the paddles? Does it do it when you bumpshift the shifter? My car starts downshifting already around 30 mph, does yours do this? Does it make the noise then as well, doing it automatically? Is it speed dependant or shifting dependant (ie, does it happen if you are in neutral and slowing down around those speeds)?

Doesn't happen unless I click the paddle to downshift. And it happens like the split second after I feel the car kinda jerk from the downshift. Simultaneously

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Haven't tested to see if it makes the noise when the car downshifts in normal drive, rather than the auto standard mode. Too scared to drive it now

·
Registered
170 Posts
It almost sounds like it's a suspension component shifting from the reverse torque of the engine slowing down the car, but it seems the brakes would cause that as well. If that's the case, it should happen at almost any speed where the engine is causing a slow down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It almost sounds like it's a suspension component shifting from the reverse torque of the engine slowing down the car, but it seems the brakes would cause that as well. If that's the case, it should happen at almost any speed where the engine is causing a slow down.

Well I bought it from a used dealership, and I'm almost positive it's lowered. So if that's the case I just fucked myself because if it's lowered it voids any warranty for the suspension. Gotta love used dealerships. Snake fucks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts