Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently got a new phone (Moto X Play) and I find that Chrome is just destroying my data... All foreground - I've already disabled background data.

I came from a Moto RAZR HD before and also used Chrome, but with my new phone even browsing the forums on the mobile view is using roughly 1mb per page it's insane.

I'm not sure if it's the new phone or if a recent Chrome update has caused it but looking at my data since July 27, Chrome has used 536 MB!!! Before I could browse using chrome all I wanted and I'd barely reach 700 mb for a month.

Anyone notice anything similar recently or is it just my new phone. Had since July 27 .

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I'm using a Motorola Turbo 2 and havent noticed this, although I do not use chrome to browse forums. I use either Tapatalk or the Autoguide app. You might be using alot of data because of all the banner ads that seem to be all over the forums? I'm not sure

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only difference I can narrow it down to is possibly Kitkat 4.4.2 vs. Marshmallow 6.0.1 (what I'm using now).

Or maybe a new update to chrome which is causing it use a lot. Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing something similar (in the sense that it may be a chrome update).

I may try a different browser. I hate Tapatalk

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I downloaded Firefox which I used to use on PC and I'm noticing significantly less data usage.

Must be an issue with Chrome or that it just doesn't like my new phone!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I only use Firefox for both PC and Android for a very long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts