Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the fob battery? I don't want to split it open and have to buy a new one...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know how to change the fob battery? I don't want to split it open and have to buy a new one...
I'm assuming it's like this

·
Registered
981 Posts
Slide the actual key out and there is a slot that looks perfect for a flat screw driver. Put a driver in there that fits nice and a little gentle twist and the case pops in half with no issues. The battery is mounted to the back half and is only connected while both pieces are together.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Older style but same principal.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I was curious of the same thing I was wondering lol. I need to replace mine also.

·
Registered
458 Posts
What is the size/spec of the battery? Can I order them from AliExpress or one of those cheap Chinese online stores?

After almost two years mine still works great. Sometimes without any obstructions, I can still lock/unlock my car from a bout 100 yards, lol. Probably 1.5 yards.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You could...or you could just go to any place that sells watch batteries(target/walmart/etc) and pick it up same day. CR2032

If you haven't yet, register on the Kia Owners site. There you can download a searchable pdf of the manual.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You could...or you could just go to any place that sells watch batteries(target/walmart/etc) and pick it up same day. CR2032

If you haven't yet, register on the Kia Owners site. There you can download a searchable pdf of the manual.

Nice info thanks.
I just bought some CR2032 on the bay. Maxell Made in Japan. I use them for my mobo replacement batteries.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I will wake up this thread.

So how long did you battery last?

My car is dated as new sale on Nov-2014 with 13k miles right now and I get warnings the battery is very low in the fob...
From what I read here you were replacing them already.

So, I opened up the remote and tested the battery. It shows 3.0 V resting, 2.8 when sending a signal (lock or unlock). Is it already so low? C'mon KIA...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I changed both my fob batteries when I bought the car in Jan. of this year. But that because I have OCD. lol.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
633 Posts
Heh, not even a year of ownership and only 17,800 kms and I got the low battery warning... Cheap batteries!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts