Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I give up...

I got it to work the first time, so it can be done, but now it refuses to cooperate.

I searched the net, found different approaches. Of course manual does not say a word about this one. It tells how to change F to C on the clock, but not the display in climate control.
So bascially different models, different buttons, but ide same. Push them at the same time.
Sorento: Mode+Dual
Sportage: Auto+Off
And others....

It worked the first time: Mode+Dual, like Sorento had. Unless I remember wrong... could be.

Anyone knows for sure what the combination is?

The only difference between then and now is the sequence of actions.

Then: I first changed F to C, then turned off logic, and finally turned off the auto-defogging. All worked OK.

A few days ago I was putting hard wiring for dash cam and pulling wiring for oil pressure and boost gauge. The battery was disconnected, so all settings were rested.

Now: logic off, defogging off, but F to C - does not work...

Help...

I guess the last resort would be to reset it again and start with the sequence as "then".

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had difficulty too and i asked when I got the car, I copied this from my intro thread:

The key is to press and hold the OFF button and THEN press and hold the AUTO button. Not to press them simultaneously... Oops!

Try that

·
Registered
633 Posts
And for the outside Temp display, you just hold the hour and minute buttons.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The key is to press and hold the OFF button and THEN press and hold the AUTO button. Not to press them simultaneously... Oops!

Try that
I tried and it... WORKED.
Thanks, man.

But heck, what did I do previously that worked? I am almost 100% sure I used the Sorento trick of Mode+Dual...

Anyway, it worked. I spent several days on trying to figure that out.

Outside - yeah, got it right away.
Celsius is the only good temperature scale. Maybe except Kelvin rating, but this one is a bit inconvenient to use.

EDIT.
I think we should have a sticky with such tricks/hints.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not a problem. Never owned another Kia so I couldn't say.

My issue is that I kept pressing them simultaneously, I thought maybe I wasn't holding them down long enough... Too long... I dunno. Then I realized you push one first, then the other... And hold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts