Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the vacuum line for the brake booster have a check valve? I think mines rattling and it's only put to 4psi ish, the rattle gets quieter up to 4psi then goes away only after throttle is let up

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I will reopen this thread as my question refers to your problem.

How are the brakes designed in turbo car?
Booster connects to intake manifold to get vacuum right? Under boost the valve must close, but then I guess it must be a pretty good one as it may see 2 bars of pressure in stock condition. Vacuum will make almost 2 PSIA, under boost manifold gets about more than 30 PSIA. That's a pretty high pressure - any problems so far?

Unless it is an electric pump...

·
Registered
981 Posts
I will reopen this thread as my question refers to your problem.

How are the brakes designed in turbo car?
Booster connects to intake manifold to get vacuum right? Under boost the valve must close, but then I guess it must be a pretty good one as it may see 2 bars of pressure in stock condition. Vacuum will make almost 2 PSIA, under boost manifold gets about more than 30 PSIA. That's a pretty high pressure - any problems so far?

Unless it is an electric pump...
Does the vacuum line for the brake booster have a check valve? I think mines rattling and it's only put to 4psi ish, the rattle gets quieter up to 4psi then goes away only after throttle is let up
Right down below/beside the throttlebody is a 3/8"(10mm) line that connects to the intake manifold. This is for the booster and about 1" (25.5mm) from the connection there is a egg shape to the hose, that is where the one way valve is located. There is so many ticks and rattles under the hood I would doubt you would hear the valve rattling. First guess would be the HPFP that clicks and rattles till it starts building enough pressure to put a little pressure on its internals. At about 4 psi boost you should be getting the fuel pressure up to about 900-1000 psi, I would test this for you but....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts