Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for new pads for my 15 sx. Just a daily driver so not looking for $$premium$$ pads. My search has turned up a few options on Rockauto but it is showing 15 inch and 16 inch options. I'm assuming they are referring to the rotor size. Does anyone know the stock rotor size for the 2015 forte 5 SX?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
uhm... the size refers to size of wheels, I think.

16" rotor would be huge and would not fit even the 18"s we have.

You need the larger one. I think front is 13.2" - but I might be wrong. SX has larger rotors than all other models.

·
Registered
237 Posts
EBC Yellowstuff pads installed. I also installed new rear rotors, the front rotors only have a couple thousand miles on them. I only re-lubed the caliper guide pins with silicone paste lube. I don't use lube anywhere else for fear it will migrate to the pads. The caliper brackets where the steel clips sit in were taken down to bare metal then painted w some high heat paint. Only 50 miles on the pads so far but the braking is incredible! Stop on a dime and give you 9 cents change!
IMG_1332.jpg IMG_1333.jpg IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1335.jpg IMG_1336.jpg IMG_1337.jpg IMG_1338.jpg IMG_1339.jpg IMG_1340.jpg IMG_1341.jpg IMG_1342.jpg IMG_1343.jpg IMG_1356.jpg

·
Registered
399 Posts
I used Wagner ThermoQuiet pads. I'm very happy with them.
You will need the tool above in the pic for the rear pistons.
Nice pics.
I need to put my intake on. :)

Happy 4th of July All.

Reactions: SXTurbo

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm still stock airbox w a k&n drop in. I'd like a full CAI with a filter that goes in the wheel well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've got a set of Powerstop z23's setting on more workbench. I went to put them on a couple months ago and realised that I needed one of those cube tools for the rears and didn't want to go through the break-in procedure more than once. So, they're still waiting on me. Luckily the fronts still have a little bit of material left before they need to be changed. The rears have plenty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts