Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to get a BOV to replace what I read was a poorly designed one prone to tearing with age.

Install wasn't so bad, but I forgot to reconnect the sensor before firing up the car......CEL came up, car idling rough, shut it down, checked the connector and after 2 battery disconects go tthe light to clear. I wasnt happy that the new hose running from the BOV nipple to the controller was larger and I couldnt get it to clamp down with zip ties nor could I find a clamp that small.

Went to Napa the next day and was recommended a vacuum line fitting that stepped up. I then was able to put the stock hose on, and use a short length of hose to bov with the connector in the middle. Issue resolved, or so I thought.

About a 1/4 mile awaw from NAPA, car felt slow as hell, i pressed the gas a few times to confirm that the BOV wasnt opening....instead I heard what sounded like compressor surge so I was coasting to a stop when the CEL came back up with two codes.....Checked under the hood and the stock hose blew off the connector. I put it back together with a longer section of hose to make sure it didnt kink up.

So far so good.

Now it could be the paranoia settling in after getting the first CEL in this car but I starting feeling a light pulsing in my brake pedal later on yesterday at stops. I dismissed it as maybe dragging the brakes a bit but when I pressed further I felt it still.....did a quick search on found some info pointing to the AC compressor going bad on a dodge.....I thought that was crazy since I wasnt using the AC yesterday....I pressed it and sure enough the pulsing got stronger.

I havent gone to the car today to check it out but will do so in a bit. I put a feeler on the FB group to see if anyone else has felt it and nothing yet...

hoping to get more info from here. Could the BOV issues have affected the engine? could any of this affect the AC compressor which it shouldnt....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
all 3 different systems..... divide and conqur

1 - 2 of 2 Posts