Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: drc69

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,
Anyone know anything about this valve?

Torque Solution HKS Blow Off Valve Adapter Fits Kia Forte Koup 1.6T 2014+
Yes fit perfectly I got one in my forte 5 sx for the price not one can beat that and sound pretty good

Reactions: drc69

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So what does it do exactly? Sound? If it goes back to intake, what sound are we talking about?

Reactions: comadreja

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Yeah we actually carry the sound plate on the website! Really easy to install and comes in a variety of colors. We worked directly with the manufacturer to redesign the original sound plate BOV since this did not fit the 1.6T and only the 2.0T found on the Optima and Sonata.

We are now in the process in the next few weeks of putting a DIY install together so stay posted :)

https://www.k5optimastore.com/products/kia-forte-hyundai-veloster-bov-sound-plate

So what does it do exactly? Sound? If it goes back to intake, what sound are we talking about?
The sound plate vents to air the excess boost from the turbo spooling instead of bumping it back into the intake manifold. When you install this sound plate you remove the stock directer tube from the stock BOV/IC to the intake piping and cap the hole at the stock intake piping

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for there input and help with this.
Thx

Reactions: comadreja

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you everyone for there input and help with this.
Thx
This how sound inside the car windows close

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
65 Posts
This how sound inside the car windows close

This another one

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Nice videos. The sound when driving is much better than at idle!

Bu I am confused a bit - at 5 seconds, when you shift, there is a BOV right away you depress the clutch, but then, once you start accelerating, there is another "pshh". Is it intake "woosh"? Or maybe not from your car at all...

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I would do the turboxs sml bov. It holds boost better and is a piston style and not rubber that is prone to tear. It also holds boost way better then stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts

Bu I am confused a bit - at 5 seconds, when you shift, there is a BOV right away you depress the clutch, but then, once you start accelerating, there is another "pshh". Is it intake "woosh"? Or maybe not from your car at all...
Yes you can hear the intake when the turbo star breathing

·
Premium Member
359 Posts

That's most likely the CAI with the cone filter making that noise

I would do the turboxs sml bov. It holds boost better and is a piston style and not rubber that is prone to tear. It also holds boost way better then stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Correct! And is also a BOV that fits the tight space on the Forte!

Anyone interested in one we also carry these for a true BOV that works for the Forte!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts