Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the veloster forge silicone boost hose kit and genesis forge blow off valve works on our cars ? I called Forge motorsports and they couldn't give me an answer and they are actually waiting for some one to walk in with a Kia forte SX to try all their goodies on lol

2296fdbdac756b104ced4d8fba1164cf.jpg Silicone-Boost-Hoses-for-Hyundai-Veloster.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The forge I believe is a tad taller than the turboxs sml bov so it wouldn't fit. The cold pipe hose from the VT won't fit our car because the outlet on our intercooler is in a different spot and it is way shorter. The other hoses might fit. You would be better off just making your own hotpipe or getting the one I posted in another thread and make your own cold pipe to

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the feed back. SO tell me of this Hot pipe. I was reading the entire thread last night and past out lol. New to the forum so trying to catch up ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does the turboxs sml BOV hold well also I forgot to ask. I've been on the border on ordering it .

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yes the turbosxs does perfect. I am tuned and it holds the boost perfect and is quick to respond. The hot pipe helps get rid of the "wave" affect and helps smooth the throttle response and spools faster. It will also help your iat's keep cooler. I posted a hot pipe up last night in the thread

Reactions: Caezar

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not tuned, and have the turboxs sml BOV, but I have it connected to my 6th vacuum block, bypassing the solenoid, and also did the wastegate hack to pull readings off of the intercooler. Working great, boosting at 18lbs, and peak at 20 or so. I love that I can hear the turbo spool up and back down through the BOV when it's not on boost.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No issues running lean or misfires ?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
20psi is on the limit of the stock limp mode. Watch for any knock and boost spikes

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a deal on a turboxs sml BOV today with a coupon on a listing describing it for use with a SR4T for 123$ shipped . I went nuts trying to make sure it is dialed in to hold the boost pressure . I was always in denial when I heard these cars ran 15+ psi until I saw it for myself ON MY Defi setup . So can't wait for it to arrive !

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've been off the forums for awhile but I though I seen someone running a srt4 bov as well.... trying to get caught up on stuff I missed.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Yes it is the same setup as the srt4. Mine I got from my buddy that has a srt4. It's the same as the optima also

·
Registered
439 Posts
So just to confirm, any stock srt4 or aftermarket "stock" replacement works on our fortes? Or is there certain ones?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
As of right now it's proven the SML will fit. There is a Forge BOV also but I don't think it has been tried yet. Anything that sits higher than the SML isn't going to work

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes from what I've seen in here , your pretty much maxed out after the sml . I was going to go with a forge regular DV but it would be hard to unload later if I add a front mount . The civic type R and a few other cars also share this style flange.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a buddy that has the forge bov and it fits. He said he had to turn the hood latch piece over the bov and pull on the intercooler a little bit to get it in, but it does sound good as well

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Nice so it's confirmed it will fit!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
21883d1391725979-turboxs-blow-off-valve-20140206_190139529_ios.jpg . Not exactly turboxs increases the size of the opening to make it fit multiple applications . I think the sr4t has it on a different side of the triangle

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I purchased this valve to to use it later in a fmic later on . I'm hoping when 6th drops theirs that they include flange options like the other companies are doing

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
You triangle flange is way different then mine. You may have to take the top off the SML and turn the opening on the BOV to line up with the flange the best you can.

In the pic if you look to the left where the big opening and the little opening is separated I cut out that wall to make it one huge opening to allow the air to move faster. I also took out the plastic mesh thing in the middle. Now it sounds a bit louder and at times has a tiny whistle lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts