Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting an Autometer boost/vacuum gauge of some sort. I like the look of analog better than digital and it will be mechanical. I will also be ordering the 6th Element Vacuum block v2. So my question is what exactly hooks up to what? Is there like a diagram that shows what plugs into the block and where the gauge plugs into? New to turbos so bear with me guys I am learning :cool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I got a digital evo . Wish I would have gotten them in anolog . Been so lazy to hook them up because it wants soo many connections . I got the 6th vac block version 2 also . But just hook the block up and run the tubes through the firewall via the clutch pedal area if auto . Not sure about manual though . Sorce the dimmer switch for power . This way you get the dimmer and startup source in one .

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a digital evo . Wish I would have gotten them in anolog . Been so lazy to hook them up because it wants soo many connections . I got the 6th vac block version 2 also . But just hook the block up and run the tubes through the firewall via the clutch pedal area if auto . Not sure about manual though . Sorce the dimmer switch for power . This way you get the dimmer and startup source in one .
Sounds easy enough thanks! But what plugs into the block itself?

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey I just in installed a autometer in my car it was a little tricky with the gauge placement and finding a good vac, but after all is said and done works great. I used the vac line coming from the top on my throttle body . image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Any details on getting the gauge tubing connected to vacuum block?

Also, since the cluster is lit all the time the car is on, how does it work with gauge? Does the dimmer get power as well, what makes the gauge lit all the time, too?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had to get smaller vac lines for the " T " fitting that's plugs into the throttle body.
As of right now my light on the gauge stays on 100% of the time and doesn't mess with my gauge cluster lights.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The 6ee vac block goes between the map sensor and the intake manifold. It's the sensor directly at the front of the intake manifold

·
Registered
458 Posts
I agree. Contact 6EE and purchase the block. Before I had the vac block I used the line off the OEM intercooler and then the throttle body but the vac block is accurate and saves cutting lines and using "T's" IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should have posted the final result on this thread too lol anyways the boost guage has been hooked up for a few weeks now and going great!!

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
So how one routed their boost gauge lines?

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Mine I have running through the grommet behind the ecu

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
behind ECU, meaning under the brake booster?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes for me it was a pain to get to, I drilled a Lil hole through it from the inside out. Then used a coat hangar to pull the line through

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
67 Posts
What kind of gauge pod did you use?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The cheapest holders... but will work fine.
Since I have also oil pressure one I got two of them here:
2X 52mm 2" Adjustable Swivel Dash Mount Single Racing Gauge Holder Pod Bracket | eBay

Darth_Forte,
I did the same thing. I thought it was just rubber when I was trying to fish the line through going from inside the car. After couple of tries I realised it was hard.
Drilling tiny hole made it possible.
Even after drilling still took me a good 10 tries to not get it hung up on the rubber lol

Instagram @darth_forte

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Even after drilling still took me a good 10 tries to not get it hung up on the rubber lol

Instagram @darth_forte
I inserted (drilled) a small drill bit into the tubing and pushed that through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to hook up my boost gauge and I was wondering if anyone has a picture of wat vacuum line they tapd into? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to hook up my boost gauge and I was wondering if anyone has a picture of wat vacuum line they tapd into? Thanks in advance
There is no really vacuum line... the MAP sensor is one that reads pressure in the intake plenum.
To tap in there either you mess up with electronics and get electric boost gauge, or - preferred way - get this:
(Vacuum Distribution Block V2.0)
Vacuum Distribution Block
and tap in there and use mechanical gauge that is much faster in response than electric.

Look through pictures with the link and you will see how to do the trick.

Reactions: CrazyFritter
1 - 20 of 22 Posts