Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah like the title says my bluetooth stopped working.
i've already tried deleting the phone off the stereo and pairing again with no avail.
it pairs up fine but when comes time to press media button there is no bluetooth.
the phone shows connected but when playing music it just plays from my phone.
i've tried all the obvious and yes i tried a different phone but still the same.

before this car which i got in 04/16, i had a 2014 forte lx with the same stereo.
i bought the car brand new and around 20-25k miles i experienced the same thing.
my last experience had the fix done under warranty so my issue at this point isnt warranty.
when i got my sx i had 8900 miles and now that i'm at 28k the issue arises.
coincidence that both's bluetooth went out around the same mileage.
obviously i can go to the dealer and get it fixed but the fact that the bluetooth gives out so much upsets me.
i was wanting to keep the stock stereo even use the LC7i with it but now this bullshit is making me rethink to an aftermarket.

i don't even want to know what the dealer might say if they find my hotpipe or bov and deny my warranty for a replacement stereo.
i know its not related but what will really stop the dealer from being assholes if they really want to be.
i'm not taking a damn thing off my car and will head up there on monday for the fix but damn im disappointed.
i've read up on others experience with the same stereo's from other forums and the fix is replacement basically which sucks.
if i setup my audio with the stock deck and my warranty expires and the bluetooth gives out again i think it will drive me insane.
i dont want to rerun wires due to this abnormality sigh!

if anyone else has had problems with their stereo's bluetooth please feel free to express your experience to see if there is a major issue with this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Are you plugged into the USB port while using bluetooth? It seems doing that kills the Bluetooth connection even though everything shows as connected. I don't get Waze pop-up alerts(treated as a BT phone call) when I have the phone plugged into USB for charging. But if I throw a USB power adapter into the power port and plug into that instead it works.

I'm on an iPhone with the non-nav UVO. I would have replaced the head unit a long time ago with one of those Android ones on Aliexpress if I wasn't getting apparent free Sirius for life through it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I usually have to do a factory reset when it that happens. Usually it pairs but like you said, nothing plays out of the car stereo. You can pair, un-pair, but nothing. Worth noting, I have not experienced this in a while but the AM reception doesn't work anymore, lol. The backup camera comes and goes. CEL also comes and goes.

I'm about 52,000KM.

So try radio factory reset to see if that alleviates the problem.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you plugged into the USB port while using bluetooth? It seems doing that kills the Bluetooth connection even though everything shows as connected. I don't get Waze pop-up alerts(treated as a BT phone call) when I have the phone plugged into USB for charging. But if I throw a USB power adapter into the power port and plug into that instead it works.

I'm on an iPhone with the non-nav UVO. I would have replaced the head unit a long time ago with one of those Android ones on Aliexpress if I wasn't getting apparent free Sirius for life through it.
this doesn't seem to be my issue as i've been having a usb stick plugged into it for the longest.
i can switch to USB and CD just fine but bluetooth is nonexistent. i tried taking the USB out anyway no dice.
i don't charge through the USB while streaming through bluetooth if that's what you meant. when i charge i use the cig lighter port.

I usually have to do a factory reset when it that happens. Usually it pairs but like you said, nothing plays out of the car stereo. You can pair, un-pair, but nothing. Worth noting, I have not experienced this in a while but the AM reception doesn't work anymore, lol. The backup camera comes and goes. CEL also comes and goes.

I'm about 52,000KM.

So try radio factory reset to see if that alleviates the problem.
how do you carry out a factory reset on the deck?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is in the settings. Just go to sett I ngd options and do a factory reset. You will lose all your saved features, ect.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The only problem I had with mine was not with BT but the Nav could not accurately track the cars position, needed a new unit under warranty at around 20,000 km's did not like loosing the current speed tracking offered in the original unit.

I'm at 36k now with no further problems, all my warranty faults were fixed in the first year but out of warranty work will be scary

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
everyone thanks for your input.
i finally got around to messing with the reset on the stereo and it works now!
good advice i never knew it was there.
from what i recall the last car with this bluetooth problem..
i remember them saying something about replacing a "bluetooth module" but i'm not sure.
they made it sound like it was my stereo but i didn't give it much thought at the time.
in any case hopefully the problem doesn't come back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts