Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black plastic on the out side of car what to use on it? Can you should you wax it? Mud flaps window trim what do you use?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Dont' use paste or liquid type waxes on plastic - it will leave a white residue that can be difficult to remove. There is always good old armor-all in a few varieties and choose some plastic care products from like Mothers or see what Auto Zone has etc. Meguiars makesk great stuff too.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Zaino/303/Chemical Guys/Mother's/Meguiar's Back to Black is good stuff. I would steer clear of Armor-All, they may have changed it, but back in the day anyway it would actually accelerate their aging in return for the short term shine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
303 or a synthetic spray quick wax detailer. That's what I use. Quick and easy. JMO

·
Registered
534 Posts
For the carbon fiber bits outside I use the meguires purple tire gel. For the inside I use either the meguires quick detailer or something from chemical guys.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use Lucas Slick Mist on everything interior and exterior, door seals ect. with exception to the paint, i use Liquid Glass the Lucas brings everything back to factory with no cheap shine on the flat and matt surfaces of the interior i first spray it down with non ammonia type glass cleaner and then dampen a cloth with the slick mist, comes out factory perfect with no shity shine

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
You can use Armorall products or many silicone based products. But sure to read how to apply them, some are designed to be sprayed on the plastic wet and rubbed in as these are designed to soak into the plastic to provide the long term protective nature
, others can be sprayed on an applicator pad and rubbed in that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts