Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It's February and it's time to plan out the summer look. I've been thinking about wheels on and off, but I think this year will be the one. Checked out my favourite wheel shop Tire1010 and came across these new beauties Enkei just released.

Kind of reminds me a bit of the new Mustang's 20" factory rims, but also a little like the more straightened Raijin from Enkei as well. I was a hair trigger away from ordering those last summer but that window has come and gone.

Anyway, what do you think of these in 19" on stock height? Going for the black/bronze look or may be gun metal but I don't see it available as yet.

2015-11-12_23-32-24.jpg

Too new to see them on cars. I could be the first, lol. Certainly a good chance of it being on a Forte5 SX.

Thread is two-part. I'm thinking of getting summer tires as well. Around the budget I'm comfortable paying, you have Pirelli P Zero which I've heard mentioned quite a bit, NITTO NT555, etc..

Enkei TY5 Package for 2014 Kia Forte 4 Dr Hatchback SX | Choose Tires

I won't be tracking these, since I'm going for looks but then why go for summer tires? I want to at least drive them spiritedly. Small chance I might visit the local road course this summer as well but no AutoX or anything like that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On a side by side comparison I feel they would be too similar looking to the factory flower power wheels to justify me buying them. With that being said though....I'm a big fan of the factories...and I like the idea of going to 19s. So I say if you like them go for it! I want to throw some bronze colored wheels on the wife's ride but she'll have none of that....lol. She despises all colors even similar to gold.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I never thought about that but good point. I still like it because it shows the brakes. I want to paint mine yellow which will contrast with the blackness well. Thought about black rims but it's a little moody I think. A hint of contrasting colour like gunmetal or dark bronze would be subtle but enough to district the eyes away from all the blackness IMO.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I reckon those look sweet! To me they look a lot like the stock rims that the Golf R run, and that's not a bad thing. And gunmetal grey is my fave choice for wheel colour. Be interesting to see how the 19s look (not aware of any Forum members who have tried 19s), but I say go for it!! And remember to post pics once you do :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts