Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems every manufacturers are making their hot hatch with sports bucket seats. While the ones we have in our car is pretty compliant it hugs you well around the bends it doesn't look as nice.

There's no way I can afford $3000 Sparco or Recaros so I've been looking at Corbeau, lower-end Sparcos, Brides, etc. You folks have any suggestions?

The Corbeau Evolution looks pretty nice.

Still a bit pricy at $900-1000.

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
However seductive those seats, find out if they are compatible with the OEM airbag and curtains and shoulder air bags etc. I miss the seats from my SRT4 ACR EVERYDAY. So I know how you feel.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I second valleyracer.
You got airbags to worry about. And it is not only the sides, but front ones, too as they are activated based on occupancy.

Then, even if you did not care, you must somehow attach them. And then sell the car...

The sad truth - some mods make the car very special, but impossible to sell to majority of potential customers.
And while the seats look cool - they prove to be poor for long runs. especially if you deal with family type of trips and must turn back or so.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
In my opinion for a street car Recaro would be the best bang for you buck. They go from $200 to $4000.
For track use and for racing I would go with bride bucket seats and they go from $300-$4000.

I personally have a Recaro Confetti in my car. I have had it for about 2 years and I will never get rid of it. I love that seat it is my favorite thing in my car actually.
confetti4.jpg

I do understand where you are all coming from with the safety hazards of after market seats. Putting these types of seats in your car is a risk to begin with let alone not having your airbags wired up and working.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I do understand where you are all coming from with the safety hazards of after market seats. Putting these types of seats in your car is a risk to begin with let alone not having your airbags wired up and working.
And great example is Gaijin...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts