Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

This is my first post!!!

My car will making a beeping sound every time I decelerate too hard or corner too fast, I think it is the Electronic Stability Control kicking in. Even when I turn traction ans stability off, using the long hold method, it still makes the beeping noise. I took it into the dealer and they said it's probably the ESC telling you its about to kick in. Though they could not find where the sound was coming from.

Do any of you know how to disconnect the little speaker, not sure where it's located, that makes the beeping noise? It's not the main speakers which we tested. The dealer said that if I disconnected it, it might also take out the seatbelt noise and other notification sounds. But it is getting supper annoying now, since I'm drive the car how it was made to be driven, fast and hard, and it keeps producing this high pitched beeping noise from the dash ahaha

Thanks in Advanced!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Try turning off the traction control lol . But then you will find out real fast how it really handles :p

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Thats really strange that it is doing the chime even when it is turned off. When I turn mine off totally it never comes on. I do get it to still activate when I hit corners to hard in the canyons and it won't let me get onto throttle. So even when turning it off it's not fully off like I would like. Just like Caezar said it is a different car when it is off lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I am not the only one with this problem, but do you have any ideas of how to disconnect the speaker that is making the noise or how to access it?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I think it is in the dash behind the cluster but not to sure. You can always get under the dash with a flashlight and see if you see something

·
Registered
535 Posts
This interests me because I've never even heard a chime for my TC kicking on. The Light Just Comes on. I would actually really like to know where it is so I can possibly re-attach whatever it is. I drive on ice and would like an audible notification when I slip.

·
Registered
981 Posts
OP, What year is yours? My '14 doesn't do it Forte5 has a '15 and his doesn't. If you have a '16 maybe it's something new.

Reactions: Forte5

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hmm there goes that idea lol but nice to see another Koup we are a rare breed even here.

Reactions: doctorjkp

·
Registered
458 Posts
16 forte5 doesn't do that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
16 here and I've only heard it once but it was in a slick road lost track came back after it locked one rear wheel to straighten the car . Since then I never heard it . I did hear it on the 2015 koup tgdi I test drove and the car almost killed me when the front wheels locked up hitting a turn super hard on a test drive . I turned it off and it didn't do it the second time . I almost bought that particular koup but it had too many issues from what my buddy that is the service manage told me . Traction control may or may have not been one of those

·
Registered
535 Posts
Going to try it on a parking lot. I guess to induce it you have to brake hard to engage ABS and do a full lock turn?
I think this is the most likely case. It may be an ABS chime. The TC light could just be a coincidence or consequence of what caused the abs to kick in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.