Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to get some coilovers done this summer. A local shop quoted me $1500 after all said and done so I started to shop around. I found another shop who was recommending a new brand called Scale which I've never heard of. The funny thing is, between the two vendors, they're pushing their own brand. One favours BC while the other favours the inhouse brand.

I'm not sure which route to go but either way you slice it, $1500 is no peanuts. I'd like to know I'm making an informed decision. After running the 16" winters for the last several months and going back to the stock 18" the car feels so different. I'm sure the coilovers will make it feel even that much greater.

In conclusion, I'm wondering if it's may be more economical to get a member in the States to source the part and send over to us Canadians and save a few bucks. Anyone willing to do that?

I know Mikex.18 has the BC Racing ones but he hasn't been on in a while. SHout out MIke if you're still reading the forums.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey man!

Gecko is another good brand, I can set you up with the guy who can ship them to you.

I think he charges 900$ USD shipped anywhere.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Alright,

I would suggest BC racing over any other options I have seen listed here. They are reasonably priced, quality, and they are definitely the best bang for your buck coil over on the market in my opinion. Price may be a bit higher than some of the cheaper brands, but BC stands behind their product, which to me is important, you can purchase rebuild kits, or misc parts to repair, or replace for much cheaper than other companies.

I do sell BC's, but I set up my account AFTER I started working here because of my experience with them as a consumer.

As we not only do sales, but also installations, I my price for doing coil over installs is $400. Price for BC's from me is $995, so from me, parts and install would be $1395. If you are interested in picking up a set from me, let me know, if not, good luck with your purchase and install!
Tyson

·
Registered
981 Posts
Alright,

I would suggest BC racing over any other options I have seen listed here. They are reasonably priced, quality, and they are definitely the best bang for your buck coil over on the market in my opinion. Price may be a bit higher than some of the cheaper brands, but BC stands behind their product, which to me is important, you can purchase rebuild kits, or misc parts to repair, or replace for much cheaper than other companies.
Normally I don't agree with a lot of people, but I would have to agree with this.
Remember if you decide to go with BC, decide how low you want to go before ordering. Since you have a F5
you should be fine with the standard kit (1-2.5" drop). The extreme low kit (1-3.5" drop) works good for the Koups as we seem to sit
much higher stock. Any lower than that and you start to get CV axle bind.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm starting to get some very audible creaks and squeaks when I go over uneven surfaces especially speed bumps. I don't know if the shocks or springs are shot. What do you guys think the problem is? I have over 45,000 KM/H so roughly 30K miles? but I think the catalyst is my driving style which is sort of IDGAF. I've bent 2 rims already and going lower than it already is may probably take a front bumper off if I'm not careful.

I'm still going for it but may be you can provide some insight on how lower of a drop I should go? I'm definitely going with the BR series for streetabilty. I just want less body roll through the corners and tighter steering feel as this is one advantage to being lower/stiffer provides; or so I've been lead to believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts