Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Has anyone change out there car battery yet? If so, did you keep the same size (group) or go bigger?
Added "new" Amp to the sound system.
What brand did you buy?
Thinking on changing it out and going up one group size. From H5 to H6 maybe.
Better starting (more CCA and CA).
More RC (reserve capacity) in the battery.
Bigger battery Less load on the alternator more HP. lol
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
If that was so simple...

As for more HP - not really. Bigger battery more time to charge it. So less HP :)

You could go one size bigger, or smaller, and that will not really harm anything. The thing is - to start the car in South Cali you actually only need a capacitor. If ambient was -10 F then bigger battery would be better. For your setup? Maybe just add another battery? With diodes you can make it charge only (no discharge to the car except the sound system).

As for changing - nope, I did not touch mine, but it is barely one year old.
In my previous cars - 2007 KIA Rondo (2.7 V6, A/T) needed battery after about 8 years, that is in 2015 and it would still be fine for a year but I was having first symptoms. 2009 Hyundai Elantra (2.0, M/T) needed battery a few months ago - so another example of about 9 years life. In this case, though, the current owner killed the battery on short drives (2 miles in winter)... My friend BTW.

·
Registered
534 Posts
In the forte I changed it cause I needed one for the Subaru. Got an interstate cause I get a good price. But all batteries are crap now a days. Have gone through several on the other cars. They just don't last anymore.

The optima had it's die at about a year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts