Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a tune with my taxes this year as well as either a downpipe or axelback exhaust. The single output from Evilla cost only ten dollars less than a downpipe from Tork.

What do you guys think would be more worth getting? I read on the Tork site that they want a catback exhaust but they dont make one... I have read that getting a new downpipe frees up a lot of restriction as well though.

Opinions please!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Downpipe with or without cat and second cat gut or delete. Axle back frees up a little but your main restrictions will still be the first 2 pcs in the exhaust system.

Reactions: schizorazgriz

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Downpipe with or without cat and second cat gut or delete. Axle back frees up a little but your main restrictions will still be the first 2 pcs in the exhaust system.
Thanks. I dont have the tools to gut the second cat and weld it back but im working on it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks. I dont have the tools to gut the second cat and weld it back but im working on it.
You don't have to cut it off to gut it. just pull the whole mid pipe (4 nuts and slide the hangers off) and use a piece of smaller pipe, rebar or anything metal and long that you can beat with a hammer. Smash a little and dump then repeat till all is out.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't have to cut it off to gut it. just pull the whole mid pipe (4 nuts and slide the hangers off) and use a piece of smaller pipe, rebar or anything metal and long that you can beat with a hammer. Smash a little and dump then repeat till all is out.
Hmmmmm. I was against this before but im hungry for power from R2.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Gutting is super easy to do for that. The DP is a huge restriction in the system. The axle back is just going to make it that much better when done.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gutting is super easy to do for that. The DP is a huge restriction in the system. The axle back is just going to make it that much better when done.
Got it. So now to decide between BTR and Tork for tunes

·
Registered
524 Posts
+1 on down pipe. Axel back is more cosmetic in comparison.

Though 845 has a down pipe too that's on sale now. Have their been any comparisons of the two despite the price difference?

·
Registered
580 Posts
845 is a higher quality piece. Ranges from 300-639 . If you get the full option it comes with a high flow cat and test pipe that are interchangeable with v-band connections . If you just want a high flow cat it's around 400+ if just a cat less DP . Low 300's

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I honestly think they are about the same. Only difference is 845 you can swap from cat or catless. The work one you can get it for $299 for catless and you also have the option of ceramic coating and high flow cat. With all options its 499

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I can get a deal on the downpipe from Tork for combining with a tune and an extra ECU I will happily go that route!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i love my 845 downpipe... i didnt get the ceramic coating, i just got the DEI titanium wrap and wrapped it... just remember to get a lot of lube on the turbo housing bolts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
If I can get a deal on the downpipe from Tork for combining with a tune and an extra ECU I will happily go that route!
Check out Johns post, we will be doing sales for the month of Feb. Read the post and see if this could help you out as far as a bundle deal goes.
Tyson

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The deals look pretty good

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check out Johns post, we will be doing sales for the month of Feb. Read the post and see if this could help you out as far as a bundle deal goes.
Tyson
Deals look great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts