Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

Automatic transmission

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  drc69 
#1 ·
Wanted to start a page dedicated for the A/T people.
Kinda wondering what we could use for better Trans fluid if any.
And if anyone knows who can tune the tranny so we actually can hit a Rev limiter

#2 ·
Info on a good trans cooler would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have to look into the fluid more . Have not as of yet because I still have to obtain and install my trans cooler .
For trans coolers I plan to run a 13row Morcal with AN and braided lines running to the passenger side under the bumper cover . Angled and venting installed to provide plenty of flow . Cutting the inserts in the fog on that side will feed it air .
When you search for the Morcal 13 row or more look for triumph spitfire oil cooler in the search and great deals on them will pop up . These are compatible to the Pierce kit that cost four times as much .

My other delema is trying to decide how to run the plunming . Do I keep it straight to the cooler or do it run it in tandem to the stock rad mount points . If I lived in the south it would be a no brainer and just run the lines to the cooler . But living in the north I think it may help warming up the trans .

I find optimal operating temps to be125-190

#5 ·
#6 ·

I also want to add . I've seen people run secondary filter kits to catch crap in the system . I think it's a great idea to run an inline filter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I to will be installing a trans cooler (smaller) header design unit tandem (inline) with the stock cooler setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.