Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my 5 year factory just expired. I was going to start modding. For those running a 2014 to 2016 Forte Koup or Forte5 auto (non dct). Has anyone crossed the threshold of where it is too much power for the auto tranny to handle reliably as a daily?

What do you think that whp reliability threshold is ? 250whp ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
OEM is 200 HP, maybe 180 WHP. I had tune that pushed maybe another 20 or so.
I really used it a lot and never had a problem. Yes. I had the car for only 22k miles and tune was for about 12k.

Per design I cannot tell you how much it can handle. Maybe other cars were using it...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Since my 5 year factory just expired. I was going to start modding. For those running a 2014 to 2016 Forte Koup or Forte5 auto (non dct). Has anyone crossed the threshold of where it is too much power for the auto tranny to handle reliably as a daily?

What do you think that whp reliability threshold is ? 250whp ?

Thanks.
Is your goal to hit 250whp? If so, that should be easily obtainable. I'm pretty sure there are a number of VT's and Forte's running around with that much power goin through their auto's. I haven't heard of anyone's auto trans goin out. The DCT will start to slip around 275-280 whp from what I have read. The auto can hold more than that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts