Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Doesn't do anything on mine. 2016 forte5 with HID's. Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a look at ours when the wife got home a bit ago, and I'm pretty sure it is a light sensor for the automatic lights. It's definitely not a light its self.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I thought the sensor for the auto on is on the dash? I will check mine today and see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought the sensor for the auto on is on the dash? I will check mine today and see.

There is no sensor on the dash. The only thing that is up there, is a little square section with a red led in the center that flashes when the security system is armed. My Sportage on the other hand, does have a sensor on the dash.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Ok so I looked in the manual for my car and it does show that the sensor is on the dash.

I do have the little sensor as you can see in the picture that is right next to the light. Looks like it is the auto leveling feature for them. It is on both.

And here is a full picture of my headlights.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah if the light sensor was in the lights it would just turn them off as soon as it turned them on heh.

·
Registered
580 Posts
They are for the parking lights . They are not available in North America and I think it was discontinued in Asia . So they filled them in . You could drill them out and run connectors from the drl and reintroduce the bulbs fir a cool effect . 2pcs-T10-W5W-Plasma-LED-Side-Parking-Light-Marker-Lamps-Bulb-For-Kia-Rio-K2-Ceed.jpg_220x220.jpg

·
Registered
580 Posts
Korea only option

·
Registered
580 Posts
I raised hell about it to my dealer lol . When I bought the first YD F5 ex version . It's pretty cool though . The lights go up , down and side to side like the Mazda 3 does in the HID option . I don't know what would be required totally but I can definate to say it's a different harness and if it's like the JDM and euro conversions motors will be needed

·
Registered
534 Posts
The auto leveling is for weight in the back. Keeps the lights at the proper height to avoid blinding traffic. Sensor is up by the antenna

1 - 20 of 20 Posts