Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a solution for the auto dim rear view mirror in the 5 SX? With the rear seat backs in the normal up position the auto dim sensor is blocked from light hitting the sensor directly and auto dim will not activate. I tried rotating the mirror head so the sensor was on top and worked very well except the head will not position correctly for a good rear view, I was thinking along the line of bracket mod or removing the sensor itself and mounting it to the rear of the rear seats some how. Anyone know of a resolve for this with first hand attempts? Thanks for any help, I suppose I could complain to the dealer that this option i paid for does not work, I think i know where that will go ..." just lower your seat backs when it gets dark"

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I am confused... what is in the way of light? Seats? Or headrests?
In either case - I did not find them to obstruct the light path and I find my mirror to work just fine. The only complain I would have is the central headrest can block some of the view when in high position.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you rather short and need to have the mirror angled downwards dramatically?
5' 7", the problem is the rear head rests, I removed them and is better, it really didn't make any difference on how high i set the seat. so I guess tint is really the only way to go and should have been done a year ago when i bought the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts