Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

havent posted in a bit since the FB group looks more popular and responsive though I strongly feel we should be posting things here as an resource for all of us.

On that note, has anyone performed an ATF fluid change on a Forte? I think it is the same AT in both turbo and NA right?

looking at how our engines tear up oil, I would imagine the transmission goes through it as well and would benefit from an early fluid change after about 20k to remove any worn bits and such.

In my fit, those of us who drove them hard and racked up the miles resolved changed the fluids every 30k.....

Was wondering if it is a pain in the ass to do here....

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
What do you call fluid change?

I do the easy way - drain and refill. Repeat.
You could go to a place to do full exchange on running engine.
However, drain/refill is easy and safe. Simply drain whatever is coming out and pour exactly same amount back. Repeat a few times if the fluid is very bad. Otherwise, doing it one more time, or twice, with about 500 miles apart will do the job. You should get about 2-4 quarts from the pan only.

How often should it be done? That is heavily dependent on the user.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well first find out if the drain pan has a drain bolt... That should tell you whether or not you're heading down the PITA route Lol.

What's the FB group by the way?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts