Kia Forte Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
My name is Dennis but you can call me Assassinazn or just Azn. Just a brief history about me, I grew up in Korea most of my life moved to the states in 93' but have been into gaming and cars since an early age. When I attended school I would take all the computer courses I could and when I was old enough shop class. Most of what I know is from first hand experience outside of class, only showed up for grades. I did a lot of work mostly bolt-ons and audio systems. I never got too in depth with mechanics and proceeded with gaming more but I'm still a car enthusiast. My first car was a 84' Camaro T-Top but only a 4 banger... my father restricted the types of cars I could have before I was 21 so got a lot of crappy cars as a child but it has made me appreciate the good cars I did have and take care of so I guess "thank you" lol. Enough about that XD I bought my car middle of last year and have been very happy since the test drive. I practically stole this car lol between sticker price and what I actually paid I'm surprised everyone that helped me didn't get fired but never the less I was very satisfied and happy. This is my very first Turbo'd vehicle and been skeptical before as I was informed Turbo'd vehicles require a bit more maintenance which kinda steered me from wanting one. My cars name is Double L [Lois Lane] -yes I'm a Superman fan- and she is going to be my project car.

Project Name : Korean Rogue

Manufacturer: Kia
Model: Forte 5 SX TGDI
Power Plant: G4FJ 1.6 TGDI
Horsepower: 201 hp @ 6,000 rpm
Torque: 195 lb.-ft @1,750-4500 rpm
Video Type: Trip Computer Dot-matrix type LCD (inside the meter cluster)
Monitor: 4.2" TFT color LCD display
Radio Head Unit: Navigation with HD Radio Technology
Speakers: 6 speakers with door-mounted tweeters
Transmission: Sportmatic 6-speed Automatic Transmission
Color: Aurora Black
Interior: Leather

DSCN0042.JPG IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0337.JPG DSCN0115.JPG

In this build I will be creating a car purely for Cosmetics and some Power. I do not race nor do I plan to but I do like getting the most out of what I paid for. I've already started purchasing bolt-ons from 6th EE starting with the Cold Air Intake and won't be touching to much of the Cosmetics till I feel happy with my Power Plant output. I work 48 hr's a week so trying to find time between rain and days off slows my progression down a bit but I will be updating this post as I install new parts or have new idea's to add to the build.

Current Cosmetics & Bolt-on's:
6th EE Cold Air Intake
Updated Boost Sensor
Mazda Speed 3 Lip [Cosmetic]
Loden 3D Black Border Broken "Red" K badges
The Stubby Jr. from Cravenspeed.com
Sparco front Tow Strap [Cosmetic]
4D Carbon Fiber vinyl wrapped Chrome on Door handles

Upcoming Cosmetics & Bolt-on's:
6th EE Single Catch Can
6th EE Intercooler Resonator Delete Pipe
6th EE 1.6T Lower Engine Mount
6th EE Silicone Cold Pipe
6th EE Front Crossmember
6th EE Front Mount Intercooler Kit

2003-2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 9 Wide Body Rear Fender Flares - 2 Piece

FRP FIBER GLASS VARIS WIDE BODY VER REAR FENDER FOR IMPREZA 10

99-05 BMW 3 Series E46 4DR Duraflex I-Design Rear Fender Flares Wide Body Kit

In the end I'm hoping she will look nice with her new curves and mean attitude. She will infiltrate meets and shows and steal the spotlight because I mean well she is the Korean Rogue :D stay tuned for updates, vids., and pics. and thank you for checking out my thread. Down below are some quick pics of the things I've done [details in Current Cosmetics & Bolt-on section]

IMG_0955.JPG IMG_1039.JPG IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1053.JPG IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1059.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
She's looking good Dennis! I have same year same model and am just about to start on my project. As you imagine I am very excited to see how yours turns out and may even pull some ideas from you. Please keep us updated as you work and be detailed!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also am I missing them or do you have the tow straps tucked in?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry no it's not installed. I have to make the hole bigger and waiting on my plate relocater.

Reactions: Gnarkill

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's clean, my friend.

I think some wider hips on our Forte5s would serve it well.

I'm very eager to see how your car develops; so far the chin spoiler looks nice.

Just bought a new gaming PC / Oculus setup so I'm pretty broke but this summer I'd like to do some mods. Tints I'm 80% sure on doing, coil overs is about 50%..

Anyway, good luck with your mods. Can you link the front splitter / chin spoiler ?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reactions: Assassinazn

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Gnarkill thanks man much appreciated and def. will posts pics of everything as they get installed. Also yes I'm 100% on tinting and coilovers but don't overlook anything catchcans are important and that's what my next order/delivery will be. Nice buy on the pc Setup but you can read my pc set up here Steam Community :: Sly Charles Bronson Stallone, this PC has been mine for the last few years. @Paul LOL u like that? I was making a statement there "Made in Korea, Blow me" lmao hahahahaha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention this, I'm still up for debates on what I want to use/go with for the rear wide panels. I really like the WRX one but the fuel door is on passenger side and really don't wan to fabricate/cut anything. I mean with how the car is shaped the BMW seems like the best and safest route but without actually knowing anybody to not do it for me but to let me help and learn at the same time would be appreciated with of course a payment. So for right now I'm going to consider the BMW fenders but still shop around to see who may be able to fabricate this for me for a reasonable price...good luck I know lol. Just a quick question when doing wide fenders/wide body do I also need to buy spacers? Sorry if this is a dumb question but being honest this is my 1st legit build.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just some updated photo's of what's done. So far I'm debadging the car and in doing so I wrapped the steering wheel logo, OEM rims center caps, and just to waste vinyl wrapped the fuel door cover. The fuel door will be replaced in a few months with a matte black door with clear center cover along with new Red gas cap.

IMG_1074.JPG IMG_1069.JPG IMG_1077.JPG IMG_1079.JPG

Tho you can't see it as its small I've also wrapped the tow hook cover lol. At the moment I have a TurboXS SML Hybrid Blow Off Valve on the way from a fellow forte driver, here is the link for those who'd like to see what it looks like Blow Off Valves - TurboXS or to order I'm sure you can find it cheaper on ebay. I will also be ordering my 6th EE Single Catch Can next Friday, and anything I don't spend I will be dumping into side account for my coilovers and widebody :D I'm so excited >.<

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was there any issues with the front lip installation? I'm assuming you used some type of screws as well as the adhesive?
No not at all. There is no adhesive, the lip comes with self tapping screws and installs in minutes. Going to be honest I think I put mine on incorrectly as the lip comes with pre cut out notches to fit with an area under the car. I actually moved mine up to that area so the inner lip liner sits on it pushing the lip out more giving it a more aggressive look (imo).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
removed my front License plate today and just threw it in the glove box... I have too many holes in the crash bar tho :( really looking into the idea of buying a new bumper because I like a clean look.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
removed my front License plate today and just threw it in the glove box... I have too many holes in the crash bar tho :( really looking into the idea of buying a new bumper because I like a clean look.
I gave up on it... I am just not looking there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just ordered the 6th EE Catch Cans and otw :D

6thEE_CC.JPG

yes I know I left the page highlighted, was doing something else and forgot when I was snipping XD. Will post pics when installed along with pics of the new BOV and new plate relocation frame with tow strap and rear tow hook. My previous hook won't work and would require me to cut the rear bumper underneath and don't really want to do that. If I did anything else it would hang too low so I'm ordering a new tow hook that just screws into the rear frame. So in the next month I should have my wide-body panels in and estimated for paint to get a good idea when I'm looking at to actually getting it put on lol. Bolt-ons will still be coming in as I still need the DP, lower engine mount, crossmember, cold pipe, IC Res. delete to start.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BFKT6408.jpg IMG_1085.JPG

Got it for 60.00 used, but well taken care of. Got some blemishes but no worries this piece isn't for cosmetics ;) lol. Can't wait to get it on.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts